    any way to save embedded ones other than doing each one manually .Do they get
    kept somewhere or is there a way of telling Thunderbird what to do with them ?

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Stuart

    Ralph Fox Guest

    In Eudora the images *were* embedded in the email itself while the email
    was downloading, but Eudora removes the image's file data from the message
    and saves it to a file.

    In Thunderbird, the image file data is still embedded in the message,
    the same place where it was when where it was while the email was
    downloading.

    Still embedded in the message.

    In Thunderbird, use "View -> Message Source" and you will see the
    MIME-encoded or UU-encoded image file data after the text.

    Ralph Fox, Jan 12, 2007

  3. Stuart

    Andy Luddy Guest

    There are a number of Thunderbird extensions for dealing with
    attachments. I can't say for certain, but I'd imagine that there is
    very possibly one or more that will allow you to select a block of email
    messages and save all the attachments. I used one in the past, but it
    is no longer supported, and TB now includes the functionality that I
    needed it for, so I've dropped the extension. Perhaps someone here who
    has used one can offer a recommendation.

    Andy Luddy, Jan 12, 2007
  4. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    Thx Andy .I can get T/Bird to save images "attached" to messages but not the
    embedded ones and that's the problem . It means I have to save each image
    individually and that's a pain .

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jan 12, 2007
  5. Stuart

    Andy Luddy Guest

    This is just a guess, but if you set T'bird to display email as plain
    text, rather than HTML, ISTR that any embedded images are treated as
    attachments. Might be worth a try.

    Andy Luddy, Jan 12, 2007