    downloaded and installed the latest service pack, the same thin
    happens but i get the DEP message saying that DEP has closed windows
    HEEEEELLLLLPPP!!

    tonysroom, Apr 12, 2005

  2. You can probably access this public Usenet newsgroup directly with some
    fine news client like slrn or pan or knode or others [1], rather than
    some clunky web interface, unless, say, you're at firewalled at work and
    IT hasn't favorably responded to your request for Usenet (NNTP)
    capability. Do *yourself* a favor: check out your options and take
    control of your own Usenet experience.

    [1]Even with a piece of crap you already have, like Outlook Express,
    which, as bad as it is, still beats web interfaces for this activity
    that wasn't meant for webification.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 12, 2005

  3. tonysroom

    Pennywise Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:29:37 -0400, tonysroom

    |>i cannot access control panel or just about anything in windows
    |>explorer--when i click on the desktop icons or start menu icon, all of
    |>the desktop icons dissapear for a few seconds then come back. after i
    |>downloaded and installed the latest service pack, the same thing
    |>happens but i get the DEP message saying that DEP has closed windows.
    |>HEEEEELLLLLPPP!!!

    You need to run all the spyware you can, start with spybot and
    ad-ware. something is attempting to hack your system
    http://tinyurl.com/4o6bb

    You can disable your DEP shutdowns by editing your BOOT.INI and remove
    the /DEP from the string, but I'd fix the problem first.

    From the link:
    "Although terminating a process or causing the system to fail with a
    bugcheck do not appear to be ideal experiences, this helps prevent
    malicious code from executing. Preventing malicious code from
    executing on the system may prevent damage to your system or
    propagation of malicious code whose harmful effects could easily
    exceed those of a process terminated by a bugcheck."

    Pennywise, Apr 12, 2005