    Jer Guest

    Why wouldn't dialing 100 get me anywhere? Don't they do interdigit
    timing like all the telcos do?

    Jer, May 24, 2005

  2. MrPepper11

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Possibly, if anything was allocated to 100, but it isn't..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 25, 2005

  3. MrPepper11

    David L Guest

    Infone is great!
    I highly recommend Infone. It's more like a concierge service with all
    the extras they provide and cheaper than VZW's pathetic info service,
    that has failed me a couple of times, when I needed it most. Wrong
    number and couldn't find the right city:(

    The Infone operater will stick with you until every lookup possibilty
    is exhausted.

    They also give directions and a bunch of other included services.
    They spend, IIRC, up to 15 minutes helping to find the correct
    number/info.

    The only hassle is setting up credit card billing, since they operate
    outside your carrier's billing system. But it's worth the one time
    setup inconvenience. They use to offer 5 free lookups. I got 10 but
    that's no longer available.

    Ther's also an Infone 800 CS number that doesn't cost if you need to
    work out a billing problem.

    -
    David

    David L, May 25, 2005
  4. Don't you think that if someone keeled over in a library, a regular
    landline will be available? When you are in a public place, you do
    not have the only telephone around. If I have an emergency in a
    hotel, I am going to use the house phone even if it costs $5.00 to
    make a call.

    Earl F. Parrish, May 27, 2005