    same consequence: things that you've "bought", so that you thought
    you "owned" them, will no longer be playable after the shutdown.

    So much for the concept of property rights...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2007

  2. DRM companies complaining that their content-provider customers are giving
    DRM a bad name
    <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070923-drm-advocates-getting-nervous-about-consumer-backlash.html>:

    They apparently feel that an overzealous content industry is abusing
    DRM; this is a bit like Smith & Wesson complaining that bullets can
    kill.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 25, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    none Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > DRM companies complaining that their content-provider customers are giving
    > DRM a bad name
    > <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070923-drm-advocates-getting-nervous-about-consumer-backlash.html>:
    >
    > They apparently feel that an overzealous content industry is abusing
    > DRM; this is a bit like Smith & Wesson complaining that bullets can
    > kill.

    Replying to your own threads because no one else will?

    none, Sep 25, 2007
  4. In article <46f8865d$>, none <> wrote:
    >Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> DRM companies complaining that their content-provider customers are giving
    >> DRM a bad name
    >>

    > <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070923-drm-advocates-getting-nervous-a
    >bout-consumer-backlash.html>:
    >>
    >> They apparently feel that an overzealous content industry is abusing
    >> DRM; this is a bit like Smith & Wesson complaining that bullets can
    >> kill.
    >>

    >Replying to your own threads because no one else will?

    Yes ? ... and if you hadn't replied to it as well, many of us would not have
    seen it at all ... which would have been nice :)

    Thanks

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 26, 2007