    Every time I start Windows XP my floppy drive is accessed. (This is in
    a fresh installation of XP). I wonder which component accesses it.

    Does anyone know?

    Me, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have your virus scanner set to check floppy drives?
    Also check that you don't have floppy drive seek set up in
    your BIOS.

    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    I never mentioned a drive seek utility; I said check the BIOS.

    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Me

    Me Guest

    No nothing with the bios. When win 98 or Linux start the floppy drive
    is never checked.

    Do you run XP, I think this should be happening in all XP systems.

    Thanks.

    Me, Aug 11, 2003
  5. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    No, I don't run XP, but if XP is the same as other versions of Windows,
    there is an option in the 'Performance' tab of the System control
    panel applet that you should uncheck; "Search for new floppy disk
    drives each time the computer starts."

    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Me

    Me Guest

    I'm not the only one!
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1043873843

    Any solutions?

    Me, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Me

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Me

    Me Guest

    NO SUCH OPTION IN XP.

    No there is no such option in XP , that is why I am struggling.

    Even the solutions given in the link don't solve my problem.

    Thanks.

    Me, Aug 12, 2003
  9. Me

    Me Guest

    Me, Aug 12, 2003
  10. Me

    Boomer Guest

    Me said:
    Same as http://tinyurl.com/jt4v
    Do you see Kelly's reply, at the above link? Did that help?

    Sorry I haven't followed this thread.

    Boomer, Aug 12, 2003