  1. JDS

    JDS Guest

    When will they retire the 2000 MCSE exams?

    JDS, Sep 12, 2003

  2. JDS

    Japes Guest

    MS is the only one who knows when and I don't think they do at present, so
    easier questions to answer would be,
    How longs a piece of string?
    Why do Americans butcher the English Language?
    How does a thermos flash know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?
    :)

    --
    Regards

    Japes

    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

    Japes, Sep 13, 2003

  3. JDS

    roYal Guest

    i have actually contacted Microsoft about htis. They said, they always say
    when they're going to retire the exams 1 year ahead of time in June. Since
    they didn't announce anything this June, we have till next June to find out
    if they're going to. So if they announce it in June 2004, the MCSE 2000
    will no longer be available in June 2005. Lets hope they don't announce
    anything next June, so we'll still have a couple of years. From this point,
    we have about 1 year 8 months at least before they can expire it.

    - roYal

    roYal, Sep 13, 2003
  4. JDS

    Dev Lunsford Guest

    When the exams expire, what happens? is it just that you can't take MCSE
    2000 exams anymore? if you already have the full MCSE, you keep it...?
    what if you have half of one, what can you do?

    I do plan to be done by then, but I was just wondering what would happen if
    you hadn't taken all the exams. I guess that's why they give you so much
    warning.

    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 14, 2003
  5. When the exams retire, they're no longer available to take. If you've passed
    the exam, you retain your certification.

    We don't have any plans to retire the Windows 2000 exams in the near future.

    Ken Rosen [MS], Sep 19, 2003