    should all go to DVD, especially with print aging, but why not in the interim
    copy VHS copies to DVD just to preserve them? Personal use only of course.
    -Rich

    Richard, May 28, 2004

  2. I was thinking about doing that. I have a video capture card (ATI TV Wonder)
    and a DVD+R/RW writer. What else do I need?

    Bootstrap Bill, May 28, 2004

  3. Richard

    Richard C. Guest

    : on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point.

    =================
    What does this mean?

    Richard C., May 28, 2004
  4. I'm guessing he means they may exist as theatrical prints and
    negatives, shown at old film festivals etc, but never again available
    on Home Video. I can thnk of a few films that fit that category.

    .Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), May 28, 2004
  5. Richard

    HellRazor Guest

    Software to author the DVD from your captured video. I use Pinnacle Studio
    9.

    HellRazor

    HellRazor, May 28, 2004
  6. Richard

    Invid Fan Guest

    I assume he means the only version left is the original print, nothing
    avalible for home viewing in any format once the old tapes wear out.

    Invid Fan, May 28, 2004
  7. Richard

    Biz Guest

    It means you dont know how to quote a message properly....

    "There are more than a few good ones still only
    on VHS that might become 35mm prints only at some point"

    If the VHS goes out of print, and there is no DVD release, meaning chances
    are there is no current way to purchase the movie, then it will only exist
    in the studios vaults on film....

    Biz, May 28, 2004
  8. Richard

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Richard, says...
    What makes you think the studios aren't transfering their features to a
    much better format than DVD for archival purposes? Every movie studio
    has invested heavily in restoring hundreds of old prints and
    transferring them to HD video for future video releases. You may not be
    seeing them on DVD at this time, but that doesn't mean the prints are
    just sitting there being ignored.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 2, 2004