    program it with 6502-assembler, and do home-automation with it. Ahhh the
    fun :-D

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 19, 2007

  2. shadow

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    To answer such a question fully, you might want to have a look at the topic
    of emulation-writing code that lets the code written for one set of hardware
    run on another.

    The short answer is that it is possible but not simple. In effect, you could
    set up a system that would install on either a 32 or 64 bit system. It would
    be possible to distribute a 64 bit system only and install an emulator
    package so the 32 bit processor would run the emulator which the OS would
    use as if, together they were a physical 64 bit processor. Performance would
    suffer somewhat. In the interests of optimizing the system for best
    performance, MS (and various distributions of Linux) have chosen to
    distribute specific systems for each on separate media or by separate
    download packages.

    You might be interested in looking into the MS WOW system found in various
    MS OSs.

    Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson, Dec 19, 2007

  3. No. The OS source code has to be compiled with the 64-bit target flag set
    in order to create a 64-bit system.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  4. shadow

    Greg Lamonte Guest

    Bullshit, dude. I had to remove XP 64t because it wouldn't run Photoshop CS
    and Nikon digital SLR software. Who gives a shit if Vista runs Office? I can
    use free Linux to run free wordprocessors. I need to run Photoshop so I m
    stuck with XP 32. Don't misunderstand, I think XP 64 is OK but it needs
    plenty of support which it sadly doesn't yet have. I wish you guys would
    quit pushing this unsupported 64 bit OS because it ain't ready for prime
    time, yet. Tell Ballmer I said so.

    Greg Lamonte, Dec 19, 2007
  5. shadow

    Greg Lamonte Guest

    Fine, homes, ask him to pull his pants down and I'll kiss his ass. Ya want
    yours kissed, too?

    Greg Lamonte, Dec 19, 2007
  6. shadow

    Greg Lamonte Guest

    ....And now you are peddling Windows. What an upgrade, keep this up and
    you'll become real respected one day :(

    Greg Lamonte, Dec 19, 2007
  7. shadow

    Greg Lamonte Guest

    Soore he spills currectly. I knew pracisly whet he sez. If the dude can't
    spoil it out for yourself, meybe it is your nowledge who can't spill
    corrictly?

    Greg Lamonte, Dec 19, 2007
  8. Awesume, Dood!

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  9. I haven't sold computers since 1991.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  10. shadow

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Interesting. We both read the same words and, it seems, saw different
    questions.

    Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson, Dec 19, 2007
  11. No surprise to me. I found the post hard to read.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  12. shadow

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Ditto. And possibly something different still was being asked. We await
    developments. <g>

    Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson, Dec 19, 2007
  13. shadow

    shadow Guest

    so it is possible then this so cool MS better hard at work trying to do this
    with windows 7 then and stop making it for one type of processor, so MVP what
    do you no about windows 7

    shadow, Dec 19, 2007
  14. It still in the planning stages. No beta bits for a while yet. MS is
    focused on getting Windows Server 2008 out the door in February.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2007
  15. shadow

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Dec 19, 2007
  16. shadow

    Jane C Guest

    That's strange - the Send to OneNote 2007 works just great here on Ultimate
    x64. I've used it to send webpages to OneNote.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, Dec 20, 2007
  17. shadow

    shadow Guest

    so MVP is there news about developer making windows 64-bit backwared with
    32-bit windows on windows 7 or is it is it going to be like windows vista we
    have to wait for a service pack to see

    shadow, Dec 20, 2007
  18. shadow

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Colin:
    I was going to jump in earlier but decided to wait. I couldn't afford a
    Commodore 64, but I still have a Vic20 in the basement. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Dec 20, 2007
  19. Colin Barnhorst, Dec 20, 2007
  20. I know, its right next to the Timex-Sinclair. ;)

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 20, 2007