When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by iridius, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. iridius

    iridius Guest

    When I turn on wireless functioning on my wireless router, all wired
    and wireless disconnect every 30-60 seconds. I have a Linksys WRT54GX2
    (that's the SRX200 one) wireless-G router. I have used it fine for
    about 1 year. Then I started getting disconnecting issues. I reset all
    the router settings to factory defaults. Updated firmware. Redid all
    wiring ends (because at first I had some ends with incorrectly made.
    And turned off wireless functionality. I got the wired network to work
    fine. It has run fine for about a week now. Even with a blackout that
    lasted 15 minutes the network was rebooted without losing
    connectivity.

    I just tried to enable the wireless functioning (in MIXED mode) and
    then the disconnecting started again. I believe that the router is
    simply resetting itself every 30-60 seconds because I see the lights
    all reset. I have network and internet access during those 30-60
    seconds and that it how I re-disabled the wireless functioning, but I
    want to figure out if there is something that commonly causes this
    issue or is it just a hardware problem?

    Thanks in advanced.

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007

  2. This just in from someone who Googled and got to here:

    Google sees all; Google knows all :

    Linksys 24/7 Support USA : (800) 326-7114

    http://forums.linksys.com/?lid=5098391276B03

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 28, 2007

  3. iridius

    larya Guest

    Greetings...
    I don't knnow if this is a solution but it worked for me....
    I found that when the power to my computer equipment dropped... I
    eventually discovered that I had to turn on my modem and my router in
    a specific sequence... Modem first, and let it settle down, then
    router and let it settle down.. The n I returned on my outlook express
    and it worked....
    Larry

    larya, Dec 28, 2007
  4. iridius

    iridius Guest

    Could you please tell me how to go to the link you posted, when I
    click on it I just get an error message. The link to google group
    news?

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007
  5. iridius

    iridius Guest

    Larry,
    I have tried this and it does not fix the problem. I have to do this
    modem then router sequence to get the wired LAN working even when the
    wireless is off, but it doesn't fix the constant disconnecting I get
    when the wireless is put on.

    iridius, Dec 28, 2007