    headaches return. I've tried drinking a couple of beers to see if that
    helps, but to be honest, it still hurts. Who knows who won the World
    Series in 1967?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 26, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jimchip Guest

    Well, most important things first: Cardinals in 7 against the Red Sox.

    Beer won't help with a cure because it will dehydrate you but maybe you
    won't care that you're sick :)

    I carefully use Qtips (in spite of the rule about small things in ears).
    I even dip my Qtips in earwax remover (yech, blech). Drink lot's of
    water, even more if you need beer "for medicinal purposes" :)

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Meat Plow Guest

    Troll.

    Meat Plow, Jul 26, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Rôgêr.

    Why is it called the World Series when only American teams can
    participate? ;)

    Ponder, Jul 26, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Because they have their fingers in their ears?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 26, 2006
  6. What?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 26, 2006
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    FML Guest

    Why is it called the Miss Universe pageant when only earthlings can compete?

    FML, Jul 26, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya FML.

    I'm sure if any aliens were to enter they wouldn't get turned away ;)

    Ponder, Jul 26, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jimchip Guest

    <tongue firmly in cheek, sorta>
    IIRC, "World Series" is a historical name based on the fact that "way
    back when" Americans were the only ones in the world who were dumb
    enough to play the game. Times have changed but the names don't have to.

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jimchip Guest

    Are you Sirius?

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    joevan Guest

    It is not in the rules that only earthlings can compete.

    joevan, Jul 26, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - like why would anyone want to watch 8 guys on a field watch the other
    two play catch?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2006
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Felony Bob Guest

    What about the Toronto Blue Jays or Montreal Expos?

    Felony Bob, Jul 27, 2006
  14. Everything you need to know:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_World_Series

    The Toronto Blue Jays are Canadian.

    The Montreal Expos decided being Canadian was .. not profitable? and
    moved to Washington DC.
    Only in softball would there be ten guys on the field... ;-)
    Not counting the umpires, of course.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 27, 2006
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Guest Guest

    Idiot.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2006
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    10 - nine from one team, and a batter from the other. Not counting the
    umpires, of course <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2006
  17. You've forgot about the batter, who is watching that game of catch very
    intently.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 27, 2006
  18. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jimchip Guest

    The batter + 7 opposing team=8
    pitcher and catcher: playing catch.

    "Who's on first?"

    Jimchip, Jul 27, 2006
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Batter. Pitcher. Catcher. Shortstop. 1st base. 2nd base. 3rd base. Left
    field. Center field. Right field. Count 'em up.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2006
  20. Ok .. ok .. now back to the Yankees and Rangers ...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 27, 2006