    Well, you get the idea.
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 22, 2004

  2. asdf

    Big Bill Guest

    But it can pay for taking the tongue out, knowing full well that it
    *will* restrict your freedom of speech.
    Yes, in fact it can.
    You've obviously never tried to carry a camera into sensitive areas
    withut getting permission in advance.
    See above.
    Restrictions on free speech abound.
    On the opinions page, that's fine.
    They are supposed to be telling the news on the other pages.
    (Several papers have lost this distinction.)
    My point.
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 22, 2004

  3. asdf

    Charlie Self Guest

    Big Bill responds:
    Quickly. As a freelance writer and photographer, I attend many events where the
    public is kept out. It requires a certain amount of expertise to gain
    entree...you need to know who hands out the press passes and have an assignment
    from a legitimate publication before you can get in and take part in being
    "part of the press."

    Charlie Self
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
    it to." Dorothy Parker

    Charlie Self, Jun 22, 2004
  4. asdf

    eawckyegcy Guest

    Well, "Big Bill", Mr. Robbin's has realized he is dealing with an
    idiot and has done what anyone in his position would do. To wit:
    your ignorance is your problem, not his...

    eawckyegcy, Jun 22, 2004
  5. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    It's actually true, by law.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  6. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Public and press are the same thing. Sometimes the police keep everyone
    out. Sometimes they let everyone in. There's no special privilege for
    "members of the press" (whatever that means--there's no way to
    unambiguously identify them).
    I doubt it. I've already been there and done that.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  7. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    You're confusing individual accreditation with a nationwide formal
    distinction between the press and everyone else. Individual
    accreditation always exists--private organizations can admit or exclude
    anyone they want, on any basis. But there is no fundamental distinction
    between "press" and "everyone else." I've worked both as a press
    photographer and as a "non-press" photographer, and much of the
    difference is imaginary, existing only in the minds of those who haven't
    done both.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  8. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    It comes from the question "why is it unconstitional," as I've
    previously explained.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  9. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Not as a result of any SCOTUS decision.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  10. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Very much like the old "I'll ask for references, always setting the bar
    of what I accept just about the level that I'm likely to get, in order
    to discredit someone with whom I disagree" argument.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  11. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    "I just love the lack of logic and reality here," amongst many others.
    Impugning the reasoning and ability to distinguish reality of another
    person is a personal attack.
    That does not prevent you from evaluating it on its own merit.
    No, I don't. Explain it.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  12. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    No, it can't do that, either.
    Not in a free society.
    Why would I?
    That does not make them justified or acceptable.
    There isn't any way to tell the news with total neutrality.

    Mxsmanic, Jun 22, 2004
  13. asdf

    Big Bill Guest

    So far, he's not demonstrated any ignorance on my part.
    he made a statement, and can't back it up.
    So, he says he doesn't have to.
    On my part, then, I will give his statements the respect they deserve:
    they are not backed up, so they aren't reliable.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 23, 2004
  14. asdf

    Big Bill Guest

    Sure it does.
    You don't live in the USA, so don't try to lecture those of us who do,
    and know what goes on here.
    Sure it can, and does so frequently.
    Maybe so you'd know what happens if you do?
    SO yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater is OK by you?
    There isn't? How abiout just reporting what happened, instead of *why*
    it happened?
    Especially in politics, this would be a welcomed change.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 23, 2004
  15. asdf

    Bill Guest

    On the grounds that he was a little cop wannabe.

    No soup for you!!!!!!

    Bill, Jun 23, 2004
  16. asdf

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Except that photography is NOT covered in the
    constitution, nor has it ever been.
    You have the right to PURSUE happiness, there is no gaurentee
    that you will ever achieve it.

    Azzz1588, Jun 30, 2004
  17. asdf

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Except that freedom of speech, dosnt mean freedom to use a
    camera to take pic's of anything you want.

    You really need to get out of your utopian idea of how the world
    should work, and join the rest of us in reality.

    Azzz1588, Jun 30, 2004
  18. asdf

    Azzz1588 Guest

    You mean like the 200,000+ innefective gun laws
    in the USA ?

    Thought so........................

    Azzz1588, Jun 30, 2004
  19. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Virtually no liberties are explicitly granted in the Constitution;
    instead, the document enumerates restrictions, and anything not
    explicitly restricted is allowed.

    Mxsmanic, Jul 1, 2004
  20. asdf

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Sometimes it does.
    You really should try to protect your freedoms, while you still can.

    Mxsmanic, Jul 1, 2004