What's Up With Exam Insurance?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    So what's the skinny on Exam Insurance?

    Link: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

    Does the math work out. The info says you get a free re-take if you fail or
    25% off your next exam. 25% of $125.00 is $31.25, so is the "premium" for the
    insurance less than $31.25? I haven't been brave enough to give my name and
    contact info out to one of the technical trainers in our area. I just don't
    want all that spam and hassle over the phone. Does anyone know what the Exam
    Insurance costs?

    The info on the website says that "price varies by region" which is a fancy
    way of saying "contact a sales person so they can badger and sell you their
    services along with this." I don't want to buy training classes (I self-study
    for my exams... much more effective), I just want to know how much this
    insurance stuff costs.

    Thanks.
    -Jason

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm also curious about this. I've looked at a couple of exam provider
    websites and no one lists the price. I'm guessing it will cost more than the
    $31.25 figure you came up with since prices are not posted.

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Panda Guest

    I spoke to one of the listed training providers for my part of the UK
    and they hadn't heard of it... I also e-mailed three others - one
    replied with a copy and paste of the MS page on the topic... one week

    Panda, Nov 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I finally spoke to a trainer in my area, too. They said that the program
    wouldn't start until next month (Dec '06). They also mentioned that they were
    going to "throw in" some sort of curriculum with their deal. They also said
    that they don't have the pricing yet, but it will probably be at least $125
    (at least as much as a test). This is unfortunate.

    Please keep this thread alive, though. Please post any further information
    you get on this topic.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I was looking at various exam provider sites and I came across one in
    California that says they will be selling them for $170 retail and $125
    promotion price (http://www.quickstart.com/examinsurance/). Not sure if this
    includes the first exam or not. Hopefully it does. I live in Kansas so this
    will not help me. Go figure.

    Nick Wegner
    MCP

    Guest, Nov 28, 2006