    that I can look into acquiring the needed hardware.

    TIA,
    Crash

    Crash, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Crash

    Shane Guest

    KVM Box
    http://www.ascent.co.nz/HardwareCategory.aspx?catname=KVMs

    Shane, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Crash

    Crash Guest

    Many thanks.

    Crash.

    Crash, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Crash

    Enkidu Guest

    If you don't want to buy hardware, you could use VNC to access the
    headless box. Just run the server part on the box and client part on
    another box.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 9, 2005
  5. Crash

    Crash Guest

    Thanks. I had not thought of that because vnc can only be used if the server is
    up and running on the network. However not being up on the network is rarity so
    I could physically connect keyboard, monitor and mouse in these circumstances.

    I take it you are suggesting VNC from www.realvnc.com? I will try the free version.

    Crash.

    Crash, Dec 10, 2005
  6. Crash

    Mark C Guest

    UltraVNC may be slightly better.
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    Mark C, Dec 10, 2005
  7. Crash

    David Guest

    If its running windows (not xp home edition) You will probably find the
    built-in 'remote desktop' even better again.

    David, Dec 10, 2005