    reduce the filesize of pictures for email (free would be good)

    Thanks in advance

    Glenna

    web, Nov 5, 2005

  2. web

    powerone Guest

    powerone, Nov 5, 2005

  3. web

    JimmyG Guest

    Piece o' cake if you want a one-time reduction. In order to just send the
    picture, or selected pictures to an email recipient....

    Go to the file in Windows explorer, or whatever you have that shows the
    folder or file.

    Find the file you want to send and right click on it. Select "Send to" and
    chose "Mail recipient."

    A box will come up that is titled "Send Pictures via email," and select make
    all my pictures smaller."

    An email window will open with the shrunken pictures attached. All you have
    to do is add the email addresses & off they go.

    JimmyG, Nov 5, 2005
  4. On a PC use the batch resize mode of Irfanview. http://www.irfanview.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 5, 2005
  5. web

    Chip37075 Guest

    Chip37075, Nov 5, 2005
  6. web

    Iraxl Enb Guest

    Picasa does that automatically if you mail from within
    it...

    irax..

    Iraxl Enb, Nov 7, 2005
  7. web

    Nick Hopton Guest

    In a recent message
    I like this, but it would be nice to be able to control the file size
    produced. I sometimes use a site with a limit on file size of 80 kb and
    using this software sometimes produces file sizes greater than this.
    There doesn't appear to be a way round this problem.

    Regards,
    Nick.

    Nick Hopton, Nov 7, 2005