    What's the difference between Culture and UICulture of the Globalization?
    Give some examples?

    Thanks!

    Tong, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Tong

    Diana Guest

    I was asking this question myself just a few weeks ago. I think that I figured it out (but please correct me if I am wrong):

    CurrentCulture can be changed (to something like "en-US", etc.) and then you use that setting to make sure formats are correct for currency, day, whatever else formatting

    CurrentUICulture is changed to tell the program which resource files to select when loading the form/page. So you would create the resource files in advance for different culture displays (translated text, right-to-left, etc.) and then within the code have it pick which one to use.

    It seems like CurrentUICulture is something you would set before you load the whole program, but CurrentCulture you will reference during the program each time you format a date or something like that. Does that make sense?

    Diana, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Tong

    anonymous Guest

    By specifying a culture it is possible to use a set of
    common preferences for information like strings and date
    and number formats that correspond to users' cultural
    conventions. A Web Forms page has two culture values,
    Culture and UICulture. The Culture value determines or
    influences results of culture-dependent functions, such
    as displaying the date. The UICulture value determines
    how the resources are loaded for the form and is used for
    culture-specific lookup of resource data. The only
    purpose of the UICulture value is to indicate the
    language the resources should load, that is, determine
    which language the UI strings should use. The Culture
    value determines everything else - date formatting,
    number formatting, and so on.

    anonymous, Jul 7, 2004