    Dandelion Guest

    What's the difference between autoexec.bat and config.sys?
    Thanks.

    Dandelion, May 2, 2006

  2. Dandelion

    Butterfield Guest

    Butterfield, May 2, 2006

  3. Dandelion

    Craig Davies Guest

    Autoexec.bat:
    Stands for automatically executed batch file, the file that DOS
    automatically executes when a computer boots up. This is a convenient place
    to put commands you always want to execute at the beginning of a computing
    session. For example, you can set system parameters such as the date and
    time, and install memory-resident programs.

    Config.sys:
    The configuration file for DOS systems. Whenever a DOS computer boots up, it
    reads the CONFIG.SYS file (if it exists) and executes any commands in it.
    The most common commands are BUFFERS= and FILES=, which enable you to
    specify the buffer size and the number of files that can be open
    simultaneously. In addition, you can enter commands that install drivers for
    devices.

    Source and text from - http://www.webopedia.com

    Craig Davies, May 3, 2006
  4. Dandelion

    Dandelion Guest

    Other than commands that have to be run before certain other
    commands, can I move some commands from config.sys into
    autoexec.bat and vice versa?

    Dandelion, May 4, 2006