    Some years the "Gulf loop current" pinches off and remains separate
    from the main Gulf Stream. This looks to be one of those years, which
    will keep the oil out of the Atlantic till next year.

    Greg Goss, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Let us see:

    Usenet created by Americans.

    Group formed by Americans.

    That about does it.

    Any other questions?

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010

  3. No one is speaking of whatever dead little group you belong to. This is
    about 24hoursupport.helpdesk. If you continue being insolent and
    behaving like a piano-key toothed Brit, I will remove whatever group you
    are in from the cross-post.

    How would you like that?

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  4. It's a live one. I have delivered it to all of you for free. Now,
    enjoy.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  5. Ah, so I was right: you are the only one that gets to play that
    game. Except that this isn't your ball and bat, so you don't get to
    make the rules. You can go home--indeed, I encourage you to!--but the
    ball and bat don't go with you.

     We are discussing something very important

    Richard R. Hershberger, Jun 19, 2010
  6. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mike Easter Guest

    Posted to 24hshd only

    Education Minister wrote:
    Newsgroups: alt.fan.cecil-adams, 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.legal,
    uk.people.silversurfers

    Zany crossposting idiot's groups deleted

    Subject: PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS

    Please release your caps-lock key
    Look which newbie/troll is confusing itself; the newbie/troll who is
    crossposting mysteriously into zany unrelated groups and doesn't know
    what to do about its capslock.
    Since you made no reference to any known Alty message, it is not
    apparent what Alty crossposted message you refer.

    And WTF is RSFC? Republic of Singapore Flying Club?
    rec.sport.football.college?

    Mike Easter, Jun 19, 2010
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    bill van Guest

    Some people like to play with their food, is all.

    Meanwhile, that's you doing the cross-posting this time. Into the kill
    file you go, along with your thread. You'll probably find your friend in
    there.

    bill

    bill van, Jun 19, 2010
  8. Ingredients:

    * One 5 to 6 pound duck
    * 8 cups water
    * 1 slice ginger
    * 1 scallion, cut into halves
    * 3 tablespoons honey
    * 1 tablespoon white vinegar
    * 1 tablespoon sherry
    * 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
    * Scallions for garnish

    Preparation:
    Clean duck. Wipe dry and tie string around neck.
    Hang duck in cool, windy place 4 hours.
    Fill large wok with water. Bring to boil. Add ginger, scallion, honey,
    vinegar, and sherry. Bring to boil. Pour in dissolved cornstarch. Stir
    constantly.
    Place duck in large strainer above larger bowl. Scoop boiling mixture
    all over duck for about 10 minutes.
    Hang duck again in cool, windy place for 6 hours until thoroughly dry.
    Place duck breast side up on a greased rack in oven preheated to 350
    degrees. Set a pan filled with 2 inches of water in bottom of oven.
    (This is for drippings). Roast 30 minutes.
    Turn duck and roast 30 minutes more. Turn breast side up again. Roast 10
    minutes more.
    Use sharp knife to cut off crispy skin. Serve meat and skin immediately
    on a prewarmed dish.
    The duck is eaten hot with hoisin sauce rolled in Mandarin Crepes.
    Garnish with scallion flowerets. Serves 4 to 6.

    Charles Wm. Dimmick, Jun 19, 2010
  9. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Looks like you got a few frequent flier miles for this one <g>

    OldGringo38, Jun 19, 2010
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Tim Conway Guest

    Then, the thing is that they should have adhered to those safety regulations
    without being forced to.

    Tim Conway, Jun 19, 2010
  11. Where do Brits place that duck once it's finished?

    Dudley Draper, Jun 20, 2010
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    It was a recipe for Chinese duck pancakes, so how would a Brit know the
    answer?

    Aardvark, Jun 20, 2010
  13. It's fun every now and then. I try to keep my skills up but, readily
    admit I have fallen off the last few years.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 20, 2010
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Enjoy <g>

    OldGringo38, Jun 20, 2010
  15. Where the hell did I say that, Mr. Fish?
    It's called sinky bait

    --Tedward

    The Ghost Of Edward M. Kennedy, Jun 21, 2010