What's the big deal about the oil leak??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 18, 2010.

  1. I do not believe he quite understands what you mean, Ghost. It's better
    that way.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010

  3. And just how is it a global environmental disaster? You are off your
    rocker. Oil leaks into the ocean all the time, naturally. Bet 'ya
    didn't know that did 'ya, genius?

    Are these the same scientists that wanted us "little people" to all use
    5 watt bulbs while they Gored it up in style burning up the electricity
    that was saved by us little folk?

    Please give me a break. Funny how all the world is ending, the ice is
    melting, polar bears are dying nonsense stopped when it was proved they
    were a bunch of liars and crooks.

    These are not really the types of kooks I wish to rely on.
    You are some kind of enviroNazi or something. Aren't there groups
    especially for your kind?

    Sea slugs? WTF? Who cares?
    The Gulf Stream will still flow in the same direction it always has.
    Don't worry about that.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  4. It's a little oil leak. It isn't like Iran dropped a nuclear bomb on
    us. Buy your fish, if you have to, at a slightly higher price for a
    bit.

    Whoopee!
    Again, Katrina was Bush's fault. This minor little oil leak is on
    Obama's watch. If Bush had some type of deal set up with BP wherein
    they didn't have to follow any safety measures, Obama should have put a
    stop to it. He is the Prez. after all.

    Honestly, I don't even believe he knew about the oil leak until a week
    or so ago when he finally had a 10 minute meeting with the heads of BP.

    Really, the only people overreacting are the little people. Our leaders
    are taking it quite well.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  5. Well, I dislike the British just on general principle, not because they
    caused this leak. And frankly, it is the arrogance and the know it all
    attitude of the British people who hold all of the administrative
    positions at BP that caused this little blip.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  6. Pardon me for being rude but, you seem to be confused.

    The British people, as a whole, despise Americans and probably wish we
    didn't exist.

    But, they do some things better than America.

    There is no way in hell England or Scotland or any part of Ireland would
    have allowed BP to operate in the fashion that Obama was allowing and
    encouraging them to.

    They have many more safety regulations

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  7. Very true. All you were likely to get in Biloxi, even before the spill,
    was a needle in the heel of your foot while walking on the beach.

    This oil spill may actually help in the long run, as far as cleaning up
    the area is concerned.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    Sounds fair. Got a point?

    BTW it's Bhopal, dimwit. Union Carbide killed more Indians that John
    Wayne ever did.

    Aardvark, Jun 19, 2010
  9. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    No. Everyone *everywhere*.

    Aardvark, Jun 19, 2010
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    A belly button with gold braid? I like the sound of that.

    Carry on...

    Aardvark, Jun 19, 2010
  11. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    'Last but one'-an English expression meaning the one before the last one.

    Geddit?

    Aardvark, Jun 19, 2010
  12. It's "than John Wayne" moron.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  13. Actually, Katrina swept the beaches clean. It was like a giant vacuum
    came through the area.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  14. This is an American newsgroup, foreigner. When in someone else's home,
    follow their customs. In other words, speak proper English while you
    are here.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 19, 2010
  15. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Ian Jackson Guest

    "But", in this context, meaning "except" or "apart from". "Next (x) but"
    and "last but" are perfectly sensible expressions.

    Ian Jackson, Jun 19, 2010
  16. They think he's a rock star!

    "He speaks so well."
    He makes pretty words - like music.
    Who knew you could dance
    to the presidential speeches?
    Oh yes we can... O'tay...
    Don't worry, just pray.
    God bless the USA... etc.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and this message
    is assembled for your education and entertainment

    So "happy" to see her:

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 19, 2010
  17. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    POGO PUNY Guest

    Poor Bucky teh Bitch...u'd not say that if it was affecting u getting
    more dirty diaper to sniff

    POGO PUNY, Jun 19, 2010
  18. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    thedarkman Guest

    How about the extinction of life on Earth? See my article WE ARE ALL
    DOOMED on Mathaba.net

    thedarkman, Jun 19, 2010
  19. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Aardvark Guest

    How do you work that out, foreigner?
    Prick.

    That's English.

    Aardvark, Jun 19, 2010
  20. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Greg Goss Guest

    You're spewing your stuff into four newsgroups, none of which are in a
    US-only heirachy. The one I'm reading it in never saw you before this
    week, so you have no standing to speak for us.

    Regulars here include at least three Brits, plus a Brit living in
    Ireland, an Australian, a Finn, an American living in Germany, at
    least five Canadians. And you.

    "Last but one" makes perfect sense to me (one of the Canadians).

    If you want an inbred American group, set up one in the appropriate
    heirarchy.

    Greg Goss, Jun 19, 2010