What's the best study guide?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Vasili, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Vasili

    Vasili Guest

    Hallo everybody,

    I want to prepare myself for 70-270 (windows XP) and after studying
    Microsoft's Training Kit

    I'd like to buy a study guide with the actual exam questions in order to
    make sure that I'll pass the exam.

    After a little research I found there are a few vendors that sell study
    guides for different prices with which

    they guarantee to pass the exam.

    - Certsimulators.com $32

    - cheatexams.com $32

    - examsheets.net $50

    - actual-exams.com $22

    - testkiller.com $40

    But which one shall I buy? Do any of you guys has experience with one of
    them?

    I'll greatly appreciate any response.

    Thanks

    Vasili

    Vasili, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Vasili

    MCSE World Guest

    Hmmm, which one should you buy?

    NONE! You should not use braindumps, you should pass this easy exam on your
    own using your knowledge and experiences.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Vasili

    Ray Higdon Guest

    As the great Jimi Hendrix said, "Castles made of sand slip into the sea,
    eventually"

    Don't degrade yourself by memorizing exam questions, learn the material as
    you hurt yourself more as a certified person that doesn't know what they are
    doing.

    Ray Higdon, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Vasili

    billyw Guest

    could agree more with the sentiment.
    nice analogy also...
    btw you really need to get your website sorted out.. it's not very good

    billyw, Sep 1, 2003
  5. Vasili

    S. O'Brien Guest

    RoYaL, while I couldnt agree more there is one point I need to stress. This
    guy is thinking of cheating on the exams... you told him to get a real study
    guide... your post is confusing in this matter. I know what you meant...
    and that is to get a real book(s) and materials that are legal. Just
    thought I would clarify for the original poster Valili.

    To add to this post......

    http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=519

    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci883405,00.html

    Valili, the above posts are updates on the owner of cheatsheets.com and how
    he was busted by Microsoft for selling illegal material. All the sites you
    posted are illegal and you CAN lose your certifications if you are caught
    using such material and will not be allowed to retest for your certs again
    with Microsoft and others. If you chose to pursue this avenue, well, let me
    just say that having the certs removed from you will be one less
    "professional" on the market and I need to thank you for that... one less
    out there makes it easier for the rest of us to find and hold jobs in this
    field. Save your money and go directly to work at McDonalds as that is
    where you will end up once your certs have been stripped from you. I have
    failed certs before and am quite proud of that fact as I failed on my own
    merit. I have gone "back to the drawing board" and studied again and
    passed. In this way, I am very proud of my accomplishments as I did it the
    legal, moral and honest way. Do yourself a favor... dont cheat and do
    everything you can to get and keep your certs and be proud of that!!!

    here are some resources that should be helpful to you:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-9978721-3504804

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/start/itpro.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/start/beginners.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/default.asp

    http://selftest.kaplanit.com/Default.asp

    http://www.measureup.com/site/

    these are just a few sources for information on MS products and training.
    The last 2 in the list are MS sactioned sites that you can use. They are
    approved by Microsoft as testing software to check your readiness for the
    exams. I have used Self Test before and found them not only quite
    informative but also a great guide to see if you are ready and to let you
    see where your weaknesses are. So if you are so set and buying something,
    buy from these guys... they dont cost much and have better chances to have
    you pass the exam legally.

    Measure up even has a spot where you can try a demo for free to see if this
    is what you want to purchase:

    http://www.measureup.com/cart/Displ...cid=0&test=&testname=&mid=&crttrk=&showDemos=

    and here is a great resourse at selftest:

    http://selftest.kaplanit.com/dept.asp?dept_id=1000

    I'm proud to be MCSE/MCSA 2000, CCNA, CNA, A+ & MCNGP (lol) the honest
    way... now I am working towards my MCSE and MCSA 2k3 and plan to take my
    CCNP in the next year as well.

    Good luck

    S. O'Brien, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Vasili

    Lady Guest

    I only use www.selftestsoftware.com The price is $99, but they guarantee
    that you pass as well as explain why each right answer is right and why each
    wrong answer is wrong.

    Lady, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Vasili

    Skip Guest

    You got my curiosity up and I had to take a peek at his site. Outside
    of being a bit plain, and featuring mysterious pictures of people
    milling about, what is wrong with it?

    ----------------------------

    We contemplate eternity
    Beneath the vast indifference of heaven

    - Warren Zevon

    Skip, Sep 1, 2003
  8. Vasili

    billyw Guest

    ah, back from your whilrwind book tour

    billyw, Sep 2, 2003
  9. Vasili

    Sam D. Guest

    Welcome back, your posts have definitely been missed!

    Sam D., Sep 2, 2003
  10. So you're saying that Laura passes wind?

    That won't earn you any brownie points.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 2, 2003
  11. Vasili

    Jtyc Guest

    So you're saying that Laura passes wind?

    You sir, are twisting my words. If you are not careful, someone may accuse
    you of being a democrat.

    Jtyc, Sep 2, 2003
  12. Vasili

    Jtyc Guest

    or a lawyer :)

    Isn't that a requirement to be a democrat?

    Jtyc, Sep 2, 2003
  13. circa Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:13:06 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, billyw () said,
    Actually, I'm back out on tour at the moment. Back to New York on
    Thursday, though. Did I mention that I was moving to NYC?

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2003
  14. circa Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:01:30 GMT, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Sam D. ()
    said,
    Aw, shucks, thanks. Just don't call me an animatron! ;-)

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2003
  15. circa Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:10:37 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc ()
    said,
    Yup.

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2003
  16. circa Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:33:46 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=
    () said,
    So many possible responses...all of them gross.

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2003
  17. Vasili

    Gary - US Guest

    LAURA! Welcome back celebrity.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Sep 3, 2003
  18. Vasili

    Gary - US Guest

    What?!

    Women don't fart.

    At least that is what I have always been told.

    Gary - US, Sep 3, 2003
  19. Vasili

    Gary - US Guest

    Oh hell. Now there is no reason to get THAT damn insulting!!

    Gary - US, Sep 3, 2003
  20. Vasili

    Gary - US Guest

    Right