    Was wondering what the best registry cleaner is?
    TIA
    Solar^

    Solar^, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Solar^

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Solar^ continued:
    The one that suits you best.

    slumpy, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Solar^

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Solar^

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    What about second best ?
    What's the second-best registry cleaner ?

    slumpy, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Solar^

    °Mike° Guest

    Format c:

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Solar^

    zamboni30000 Guest

    "format c:"
    then reinstall windows works quite well!

    clean as a whistle!

    zamboni

    zamboni30000, Aug 31, 2003
  7. Solar^

    jeroen Guest

    Me, my two hands, 30 minutes and a cup of coffee.

    jeroen, Aug 31, 2003
  8. Solar^

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    Dammit I wish I'd thought of that ;-)

    slumpy, Aug 31, 2003
  9. Solar^

    Paul Guest

    IMO, none. Tried one once (can't remember name) and my system almost died.
    How can a cleaner know what's supposed to be there and what's not? I don't
    trust such apps.

    Paul, Sep 1, 2003
  10. Solar^

    DC Guest

    Linux. }:O)

    DC, Sep 1, 2003
  11. Solar^

    Mellowed Guest

    ;)

    : On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:36:11 +0100, in
    : <bitbm8$d3f14$-berlin.de>
    : slumpy scrawled:
    :
    : >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    : >threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    : >
    : >> There's no such thing as "the best".
    : >
    : >What about second best ?
    : >What's the second-best registry cleaner ?
    :
    : Format c:
    :
    : --
    : Basic computer maintenance
    : http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    Mellowed, Sep 1, 2003
  12. Solar^

    Solar^ Guest

    Yeah, I just had a bad experience with a registry cleaner, that's the
    reason for the post. Thought that there might be one that actually
    worked well. Sadder, but wiser now :)

    Solar^, Sep 1, 2003
  13. Solar^

    O.Phooey Guest

    Wow, how can a 400,000 lb. plane fly, or those pictures float throught
    the air and appear on my TV screen? Add those to yer list! Ludditte!
    ;)

    ps i like sys mechanic, regclean, regcleaner,regedit, and the
    venerable format c:, brilliant.

    O.Phooey, Sep 1, 2003
  14. Solar^

    Paul Guest

    I know what you're saying, but as I said: a cleaner that I tried deleted
    heaps of stuff that I personally needed, that it thought were 'orphan'
    Registry entries (one example: MRU entries that didn't point to anything,
    even though I still required them for development purposes). So you see,
    what it considers redundant is actually needed by myself, and hence my
    comment of "how can it know what's needed". :p

    Paul, Sep 2, 2003