    dave m Guest

    I herd of baking soda toothpaste does the trick, any other ideas.

    Dave.

    dave m, Nov 4, 2003

  2. dave m

    °Mike° Guest

    Brasso.

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003

  3. dave m

    dave m Guest

    dave m, Nov 4, 2003
  4. dave m

    °Mike° Guest

    <Attribute marks corrected>

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003
  5. dave m

    Dolly Guest

    Dolly, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Whatever you do, always remember; your motion should ALWAYS be radial -
    drawing lines from the center of the CD to the outside in a strait line.

    Just like on a vinyl record, the CD data runs in rings. Draw additional
    circular rings on top of them, and you get skipping. Radial lines, at
    worst, will make the CD re-read the spots a few extra times to verify
    the data.

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 4, 2003
  7. dave m

    Kalaku Guest

    Wear a clean cotton/poly t-shirt, or cotton flannel. Breathe a cloud of
    steam onto the CD like the way your grandma used to clean your glasses. Rub
    your tummy with CD, polishing it on the T-shirt.

    Years ago, our radio station had hundreds of grubby, scratched,
    fingerprinted CDs, and we converted to players that kept each CD in a
    protective caddy. Staff got together to clean up the disks and install
    them, and this was the method that worked best.

    It helps if you have a few dozen brand new giveaway t-shirts laying around.

    (Incidentally, do not try this wearing even the softest acrylic sweater
    unless you're deliberately trying to ruin the CD.)

    Kalaku, Nov 5, 2003
  8. dave m

    trollster Guest

    clean cd with mild soap and water