What's the best email client to use, apart from Outlook/OE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ErmYouKnow, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. ErmYouKnow

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Subject line says it all,

    Using XP Pro (all service packs/patches installed).

    ErmYouKnow, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Eudora is pretty good why?

    goes to basic text on html and doesn't support vbs scripts i.e. will not run
    on Eudora. closest one I can think of off hand!!! plus pgp sag good!!!

    wouldn't you like to know, Dec 25, 2003

  3. ErmYouKnow

    tirechicken Guest

    Dude... Mozilla Thunderbird

    tirechicken, Dec 25, 2003
  4. ErmYouKnow

    NLWard Guest

    I use Eudora from Qualcomm. I've been using it almost since the first
    version.

    Hackers don't bother with it for some reason. Could be because it's not
    tagged with Microsoft. :]

    NLWard, Dec 25, 2003
  5. ErmYouKnow

    Mitch Guest

    Lots of people seem to like Pegasus, Eudora, and the various Mozilla
    clients, like Mozilla and Camino.
    I've seen people include about a dozen others, like maybe the Bat and
    Netscape, Agent, and a bunch of smaller products, mostly free.
    There have been a bunch of good articles in the major magazines.

    Mitch, Dec 25, 2003
  6. ErmYouKnow

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    If you can't find one to your liking:

    start|run|telnet yourispmailserver.whatever 110

    It works...

    [ Doc Jeff ], Dec 25, 2003
  7. ErmYouKnow

    cabinboy Guest

    I used Eudora for eons, now I'm using Incredimail, it's a lot more fun.

    cabinboy, Dec 29, 2003
  8. ErmYouKnow

    lsj7 Guest

    I thought Incredimail had some security issues?? Spyware or something?

    --
    lsj7

    It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you
    can fool enough of them to rule a large country.
    ________will durant

    lsj7, Dec 29, 2003
  9. ErmYouKnow

    cabinboy Guest

    Not as far as I can tell and I run Adaware daily.
    The free version has ads and that may be seen as spyware, I'm using the pay
    version.
    The only problem I see with Incredimail is that it creates the most stupid tree
    of folders with impossible names like
    43363ADR457-R7276-JF832165HFDS-4326SJ-JDWQEW938{94389-IR74_UTREI-8JGF8}JK9
    and trying to find an attachement it's a nightmare.
    It has a format that looks like MS Outlook and that's a really dangerous email
    client to use, all the trojans and worms I've seen are made to take advantage of
    Outlook's security holes so go figure.

    cabinboy, Dec 29, 2003
  10. ErmYouKnow

    Earl Gray Guest