    What exactly is involved in getting it? Is it a home
    study course? Or must one go to college?

    Advice?

    john63401, Jul 1, 2003

  2. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    MCSE is a lot of hard work. If you are serious about it -

    OK..... but Im ready to commit to it.
    What do you mean by a test lab? Exactly what does a
    test lab consist of?
    Why not sign up with training companies?

    john63401, Jul 2, 2003

  3. john63401

    Andy Foster Guest

    Learn to search newsgroups. The truth is out there.
    Learn to search newsgroups. The truth is out there.

    HTH

    Andy

    Andy Foster, Jul 2, 2003
  4. john63401

    Certer Guest

    MCSE is networking...networking PCs. The test lab would
    consist of networked PCs.

    Buddy told you not to sign up with any training companies
    based on his own opinion. This is most likely a bitter
    person that feels he/she got ripped off when
    they "studied" from an online course and flunked their
    exam.

    Certer, Jul 2, 2003
  5. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    MCSE is networking...networking PCs. The test lab would
    OK.....I did do a Google on "test lab" I found out a
    test lab is a collection of computers that one can use
    to "train" on.

    Funny..... Ive been wanting to do that anyway....setup
    a training network at home. I currently only have one
    Dell 4100.

    Tell me..... how MANY PCs would be a god number to have
    for the test lab?
    So..... Im still confused. Can I study for this MCSE on
    my own? Or should I take a course?

    john63401, Jul 2, 2003
  6. john63401

    Certer Guest

    Three would be great. That way you could have 2 servers
    and a client machine to work with. If you can keep
    yourself motivated, learning on your own is fine. I
    personally like SmartCertify.com products. They have 24-
    hour support, awesome courseware, and e-mail questions,
    and test prep exams to help you prepare for the real exam.

    --Certer

    Certer, Jul 2, 2003
  7. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    Three would be great. That way you could have 2 servers
    OK.... great!!!

    Thanks Certer.

    I guess I will look into buying two more PCs.

    Can one of them be a laptop tho? Ive been wanting a
    laptop anyway is why I ask.

    john63401, Jul 2, 2003
  8. john63401

    Jtyc Guest

    I guess I will look into buying two more PCs.
    vmware is another option you can look at

    Jtyc, Jul 2, 2003
  9. john63401

    Consultant Guest

    yes, don't be a smart ass, it works quite well

    Consultant, Jul 2, 2003
  10. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    yes, don't be a smart ass, it works quite well

    Huh? Don't be a smart ass?

    What do u mean?

    john63401, Jul 2, 2003
  11. john63401

    Maestro Guest

    Maestro, Jul 2, 2003
  12. john63401

    Certer Guest

    Don't mind him. Some of his jokes are great, others make
    no sense whatsoever. Anyway, yes, vmware is another
    alternative. If you do decide to pick up a couple more
    computers, one laptop would be just fine. That's
    actually what I did. I do a fair amount of studying away
    from my network too, so the laptop is handy for that.

    Certer, Jul 3, 2003
  13. john63401

    Gary - US Guest

    Seriously.