    on the pc, as well as WMP (11, I think), but one .avi video file that
    wont render in any of them.

    Thanks for thoughts.

    anthonyberet, Mar 15, 2008

  2. anthonyberet

    gangle Guest

    "anthonyberet" wrote
    Drag the AVI into GSpot to find out what codec you are lacking,
    then find the codec and install it.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    gangle, Mar 15, 2008

  3. anthonyberet

    Andy W. Guest

    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

    Andy W., Mar 15, 2008
  4. anthonyberet

    Hop-Frog Guest

    http://www.cccp-project.net/

    CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) is a project put together originally
    by a bunch of anime fansub groups. Anime geeks are typically early
    adopters, and back in the day they were always adopting new formats that
    required complicated (and usually conflicting) codecs & filters.

    CCCP solves that: regularly updated, thoroughly tested, and guaranteed to
    play virtually any digital video file. And it won't screw up the rest of
    your system, either, the way that other codec packs used to do.

    Hop-Frog, Mar 15, 2008
  5. anthonyberet

    Pennywise Guest

    Most likely a pr0n file that needs a special (malware) application; as
    mentioned Gspot.

    Pennywise, Mar 15, 2008
  6. anthonyberet

    sandy58 Guest

    Vista Codec Pack 4.4.8 from this link.
    http://www.windows-vista-update.com/Windows_Vista_codecs.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/
    http://codec.download-go.com/
    http://www.cnet.com/windows-vista.html
    http://www.winvistaclub.com/tips.html

    sandy58, Mar 16, 2008
  7. Well I am using my old "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" and I do not need any other
    player for playing any type of media file. Even the flv's plays smoothly in
    my WMP11 and I don't have a VLC too..

    Abhinav Nishant, Mar 16, 2008
  8. anthonyberet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Hop-Frog" typed:
    Thanks for that H-F. I use individual codecs and have had conflicts in the
    past. Also, I'm not keen on K-Lite pack. This looks like just the thing for
    next time I have problems. (All running good right now).

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2008
  9. anthonyberet

    Lookout Guest

    Use GSpot to figure out what CODEC you need, if, when opening a file
    you see where you have several CODECS available delete one a time till
    you only have the one that works. That eliminates the problems.
    I install as I need, no conflicts and I back them up so I can reload
    easily. Simple!

    Lookout, Mar 18, 2008