    not?

    thanks for any help,
    dg

    dan glenn, Feb 17, 2005

  2. dan glenn

    cqdx Guest

    cqdx, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Tony Whitaker, Feb 17, 2005
  4. The links are handy, that said, the differences are basically:

    * The 5400 has 4x zoom instead of 3x, both start out at 28mm (equivalent)
    * The 5400 has customizable menus, for instance I can have Flash options
    (flash exposure compensation) on the 1st page rather than scrolling to the
    end
    * Both have great image quality, but the 5400 is less prone to blown
    highlights (not to say the 5000 is a lemon, the 5400 is better though)
    * 5400 has ISO range of 50-400 vs 100-800 for 5000
    * The LCD of the 5400 is smaller (1.5 vs 1.8) but on the other hand it
    doesn't have "soft buttons" intrude on the LCD space the way the 5000 does
    * The 5000 put the flash sensor cell near the handgrip in an awful place,
    the 5400 moved it to a more sensible place
    * Revised controls--the 5000 resembles the 5700 a lot, the 5400 less so
    * The 5400 loses the LCD "control panel"
    * The 5400 has "scene" modes and a very quick way to go to "auto" mode
    * The 5400 offers rear-curtain sync (I never use it)

    That's it in a nutshell.

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Feb 17, 2005
  5. dan glenn

    dan glenn Guest

    Thanks to all, especially Larry. Very helpful!

    -dg

    dan glenn, Feb 17, 2005
  6. No problem. And no offense meant, seriously, but I typically try to answer
    questions with actual explanations and not just links alone. That said, the
    link given is very helpful.

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Feb 18, 2005