    from there website. also the 9020 saved files .max format. i will never
    buy a visioneer ever again. What kind of scanner should i get to replace it?

    thanks

    jeffrey, Jul 17, 2005

  2. jeffrey

    Tumbleweed Guest

    canon

    Tumbleweed, Jul 17, 2005

  3. jeffrey

    Mark² Guest

    Not the LED illuminated ones!
    They light up every tiny bit of dust like you wouldn't believe.

    Mark², Jul 17, 2005
  4. jeffrey

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Ooops. When I just read the header, I was going to recommend the
    Visioneer that I have, the 8920. Love it, and paid about fifty bucks.
    However, I can understand the software replacement issue.

    BTW, my 8920 will save in a number of formats. However, I generally use
    it in the mode where the TWAIN driver is called from my photo editing
    program. That way, the scan is automatically sent to the editor (PSP)
    and I can save in all of the formats PSP supports.

    Don Stauffer, Jul 18, 2005
  5. jeffrey

    Doug Robbins Guest

    I have found the Epson Perfection 4990 to be a great value. It lists for
    about $450 and performs quite well.

    Doug

    Doug Robbins, Jul 19, 2005