    Weakling Guest

    Their webpage http://www.be.com seems to be hijacked by a spam page. Is
    this project no longer being developed?

    Weakling, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Weakling

    Rv! Guest

    Rv!, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Weakling

    WebWalker Guest

    If my memory serve me well, the BeOS company was acquired by Palm (PDA
    maker). Palm use this company to make their next generation of Palm OS
    (version 6) .

    WebWalker, Aug 23, 2004
  4. This is ment to be the actual BeOS:

    watch this: http://www.yellowtab.com/

    Sven Bauknecht, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Weakling

    bmoag Guest

    I may be one of the only people on earth who still has the original BeOS
    install disc.
    What do you do with an OS that has no native video drivers, no peripheral
    drivers and no useful productivitiy programs?
    Usually you let the OS die, which is what happened to BeOS.
    Linux is perceived in the same way by most computer users: drivers and
    programs exist but the installation routines are not automatic and usually
    difficult. The programs and drivers might as well not exist because they
    cannot be installed anyway by the average user.

    bmoag, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Weakling

    Rv! Guest

    I may be one of the only people on earth who still has the original BeOS
    That's a bit extreme, but understandable to me. I know nothing about
    Linux but now need to learn a bit. Evert step I move I get kicked in the
    nuts by the difficult syntax and awkward logisitics in Linux, simply due to
    my knowledge. The same almost stands for Mac systems.
    Linux is worth while but difficult to learn which is basically why I am
    never
    going to be any good with it. Life is short, and learning the depths of
    Linux
    and Windows systems will take too long for me. I played with BEOS
    in the original versions and decided it was not worth a go so dropped it.

    Windows I can do, Linux I want to do but keep stumbling!
    Rv!

    Rv!, Aug 24, 2004