    technologies (not .NET). I would be happy to hear about your opinion as to
    which exam I should attempt first; 70-300 or 70-229?

    Thanks in advance.

    -, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Hi.

    You've been studying for and have passing the .NET exams. While you still
    have .NET fresh in your head, go ahead and tackle the 70-300 exam. Yes,
    there will be questions pertaining to database design, but there will also
    be questions related directly to .NET.

    The 70-300 exam will be nothing like the C# or VB.NET exams you have already
    passed.

    Check out the http://www.codeclinic.com/70-300skills.htm web site for study
    links. It's an honest approach to studying for this exam that utilizes MSDN.

    Good luck to you.

    Davin Mickelson,
    MCSD.NET

    Davin Mickelson, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Also make sure to check out the Exam Cram2 book for 70-300. It's very
    relevant and has some great sample questions.

    In regards to the 229, the MS Training kit for the 229 is very good IMO. You
    could also supplement that with 3rd party books such as Inside SQL Server,
    Henderson's books etc.

    HTH,

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 14, 2003