    Erase". Does Adobe Elements have a similar feature?

    Thanks,

    Moe

    moelefaive, Jan 5, 2004

  2. moelefaive

    bmoag Guest

    The MS product is simpler and as such more limited.

    bmoag, Jan 5, 2004

  3. moelefaive

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    AE 2.0 is much better.
    DIS 9.0 is not any "simpler", just less powerful.
    Yes, and it even works better.

    Besides, one day you may want to upgrade to the real McCoy... ;-)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 5, 2004
  4. moelefaive

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    As a beginner, I would start with the Adobe Elements 2 bundled with Photoshop
    Album 2. The nice thing about Elements is that you have a large base of users
    for help, and if you ever want to update to full photoshop, it reduced the
    learning curve. There are also quite a few good books to help you. And Album
    will help you organize your images right from the start.

    However, if the Microsoft product appeals to you, just buy it. It is not a
    major investment and if you do'nt like it you can always change. Personally, I
    find that products that seem easy to use become annoying after a while when you
    become more sophisticated. Look at the now defunct Adobe Photo DeLuxe.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jan 5, 2004
  5. moelefaive

    Don Stauffer Guest

    The current issue of PC Week magazine just did a review of photo
    editors. They chose PSP8 as the best, but Elements 2 was very close
    behind. Both of them were rated above IS9.

    Don Stauffer, Jan 5, 2004
  6. moelefaive

    Grant Dixon Guest

    I do not use the Microsoft package but I do use Elements 2 and PSP 8.
    Elements has Erase, Magic Erase, and Background Erase. PSP 8 has Background
    Erase and Erase. Don't let the numbers fool you both product have enough
    options for their erasers that you will not find that one has more to offer
    than the other. While I prefer Elements both Elements and PSP 8 are fine
    products.

    --
    Grant

    Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

    Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon, Jan 5, 2004
  7. PC World rated Paint Shop Pro the best buy, in its latest issue. Read about
    it at http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,113446,00.asp.

    You can download the program for a free trial at www.jasc.com. When you rae
    ready to buy, shop for a bargain. It is often offered for about 1/2 of list
    price at shops like CompUSA.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 5, 2004
  8. moelefaive

    Peter Guest

    I descovered a significant bug in PSP7 that may or may not have been fixed
    in 8. The bug was in the color saturation function. Increasing saturation
    will cause the color to shift red. You can trythis yourself by taking a
    grey sample and increasing the saturation. The result should show no color
    shift. I did talk withg Jasc and they agreed this was a bug; but would not
    refund my money. I sold the software and have been using Elements since.

    Peter, Jan 6, 2004