What would be the best route to gaining MCTS SQL 2005

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Anton_O, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. Anton_O

    Anton_O Guest

    I currently have a lot of experience in creating and maintaining Microsoft
    Access Databases, including the use of SQL statements and some Visual Basic.
    I would like to get into a career in database development / administration
    but realise that Access databases are pretty useless and I need to gain
    skills and experience in SQL etc. as these are the requirements for such
    roles.

    I have been looking at the "MCTS: SQL 2005" certification and then following
    on from this would be the "MCITP: Database Developer certification".

    However, looking at these courses it seems that they are aimed at
    professionals who already have vast experience in the required technologies.
    As I have little or no experience in many of these technologies then where
    should I start with regards to gaining these skills / experience? Would the
    "MCTS: SQL 2005" be a viable option or is there something else you would
    recommend I studied first?

    Any help or advice people could give me will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Anton

    Anton_O, Jan 27, 2010