What would be the best cable way to hook up a Widescreen HD crt TV, cable wise ??

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by OCZ Guy, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    What would be the best cable way to hook up a Widescreen HD crt TV,
    cable wise ??

    I hear this thing called componate connection, scart ect.

    Just getting the TV and want the best connection its the 86cm
    Panasonic.

    Dont have a HD box yet but would the best picture from my DVD's and
    free to air.

    Thanks for the help.

    /ps if you can point me to some sites with visuals so i can copy that
    would be a help :)

    Thanks again.
    HELLO NURSE.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 29, 2004

  2. OCZ Guy

    Writer R5 Guest

    If your cable TV box offer component video output and your TV has component
    video input, I think you will get your best picture quality from that hookup.
    Some boxes only offer SVideo, which again, depending on your TV may be better
    than the standard coaxial hookup. A lot really depends with what you have. In
    my livingroom I use the component video hookup for the DVD player because I
    want the best possible picture quality for my DVDs given what I have I think if
    you have a premium movie service like Showtime, you should definetely hook up
    the sound output with either coaxial digital audio or fiber optic digital audio
    to your home theater receiver because some programs are broadcast in Dolby
    Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. So in short, get the best for what you got and shop
    around for the cables. You don't need to spend a bundle for good video and
    audio cables. It is your investment so make it work!

    Mark
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Jul 29, 2004

  3. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    Thanks for the info,