    You refuse to look at the simple instructions, yet you keep on claiming
    it's something requiring prodigious amounts of inducement. How strange.

    B.

    Howard Roark, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    ASAAR Guest

    Nonsense. I didn't ask for a complete description of every step
    that needs to be taken. You could have said something along the
    lines of "No special tools are needed" or "Only a Philips
    screwdriver and a light soldering pencil are needed", etc.

    Don't let your ignorance stop you now. With a 56k modem that's
    usually busy in the background, downloading pictures, even
    relatively small ones takes a relatively long time on my rather old
    computer. Text messages take much less bandwidth. If you're a
    *very* slow reader and are referring to mental bandwidth, that's
    your problem, not mine.

    Are you playing "dumb" here? It's not about *me*. I've already
    said that I'd have no problem replacing the batteries and need no
    instructions. You're the one that has repeatedly refused to mention
    whether soldering is required. If it is, replacing the batteries
    would be a no-starter for millions of iPod owners on that point
    alone. Even if that isn't the case, it's not about the ease or
    difficulty of replacing the batteries. This society has been
    trained from birth to avoid opening electronic devices that have
    been sealed in a way that discourages opening, and your stating how
    easy it might be, even if read by iPod owners would be just as
    convincing as telling them that they could ignore Apple's
    instructions and warnings. It just ain'ta gonna happen, even if you
    continue to close your eyes and stamp your feet.

    ASAAR, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Annika1980

    Howard Roark Guest

    I gave you a link containing 5 or 6 tiny pictures describing the
    whole process, you lazy git. That you have a cabbage powered computer
    is not my problem.

    Boo hoo.

    No, it's *your* problem, because the amount of text we've already
    exchanged in this thread is close (in terms of bandwidth) to that
    entire page I linked to.

    Where did I say it was about you? Don't be so narcissistic. It's
    tacky.

    I don't care what problems you'd have or wouldn't have. I was making
    the point that the process was simple and anyone can do it in 15
    minutes. I then provided a link that demonstrates how easy it is and
    you rebuff it by saying you have a crappy old computer. That is all
    kinds of ridiculous.

    It isn't. You'd have known that if you didn't stubbornly avoid the
    link I so kindly provided. The battery simply plugs in. You know,
    just like your butt plug.

    Not only narcissistic, but the spokesman for an entire society!? Wow.
    Seems to me, Mr Spokesman, that you are describing a different
    generation, though. Those crazy kids today are more technically
    minded than you seem to give them credit. They could (and would)
    change those iPod batteries in the time it took your crappy old modem
    to download this message. They could change 20 in the time it will
    take *you* to *get* it.

    B.

    Howard Roark, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Annika1980

    ASAAR Guest

    No, it's not your problem. You have plenty of others to deal
    with. Stupidity is one. I'm supposed to know the size of image
    files before I retrieve them? When I've told you numerous times
    that I have no need to view that web page? It's other people that
    might need to do so, and you could help them by providing a more
    believable hint at the simplicity of the method of replacing
    batteries than "a trained monkey" could do it.

    Unless the "5 or 6 tiny pictures" are icon sized, and therefore
    almost totally useless, you show either your ignorance or your
    mendacity.

    You compound your stupidity. Anyone that can do it in 15 minutes
    can do it in 15 minutes. There are many that couldn't, and many
    more that wouldn't be cajoled into attempting it, especially if
    they've seen your replies here and know how little they can count on
    what you've been claiming. I'd love to see your successes in
    convincing senior citizens to replace the batteries by encouraging
    them with bon mots such as "don't be afraid, granny, a trained
    monkey could do it".

    Ah, you've finally provided part of the information. Now it's up
    to all iPod owners to determine whether this is also true for their
    model or just yours.

    Again, it's YOU that doesn't get it. Whether I said many,
    millions or multitudes, I didn't say ALL. Sure, plenty of iPod
    owners (and they're not all kiddies, such as you appear to be) could
    change the batteries. But not all of them would have the ability or
    the desire to do so, despite your ridiculous claims to the contrary.
    You can continue arguing the point, but you'd still come off as the
    clown you've shown yourself to be so far.

    ASAAR, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Annika1980

    Howard Roark Guest

    And I am supposed to know that you have a piece of shit computer?
    Providing links relevant to a discussion is a normal procedure on
    Usenet. I'm sure *you've* done it before.

    Speaking of ignorance, you do know that physical size isn't the only
    thing that determines the file size of an image, right? Oh, you
    don't. How surprising.

    First true thing you've said. Not very enlightening, but still true.
    Bravo!

    I'm not here to cajole anyone. I just took issue with the statement
    that changing the iPod's battery was impossible or difficult. I
    provided a link that anyone (who doesn't have a 20 year old computer,
    of course) can open and see for themselves how ridiculously easy it
    is.

    Hmmm, haven't seen many senior citizens with iPods. Are you sure
    you're not talking about hearing aids? In any case, I'm sure these
    wacky, iPod toting senior citizens have grandchildren who can change
    their batteries for them.

    Yes, I'm sure *all* iPod owners frequent this newsgroup. Probably for
    your wily banter.

    Anyway, people with computers from this decade can simply go to
    ipodbattery.com and see for themselves. For those in your predicament
    I will sum up: *all* iPods have batteries replaceable without any
    soldering whatsoever. Just pop open the case (with a plastic tool
    provided for that purpose), unplug the old battery, plug in the new
    one, and you're done. I'm sure if you read that a couple of times
    you'll finally get it, difficult as it is.

    I agree, I do have a talent for comedy. But that's neither here nor
    there.

    You, on the other hand, seem to have a talent for bringing people
    (down) to your level. Maybe *your* double-digit-IQ friends would have
    trouble replacing the iPod's battery, but stop insulting others just
    because you hang with the Darwin-reject crowd.

    B. (off to change granny's hearing aid battery)

    Howard Roark, Oct 11, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    ASAAR Guest

    So how large (or small) are those 5 or 6 tiny pictures? As usual,
    you remain evasive, implying much but offering no useful info.

    You're slowly starting to change your tune, but it's far too late
    to salvage your image. Unless you can quote where I said that
    changing the iPod's battery was impossible, you'll have to accept
    being seen as a fabricator of untruths (ie, a liar). Nor did I say
    that the operation was difficult for everyone. Only for some. You
    were the one that said "Anybody can do it" and "A trained monkey
    could do that."

    No, there's no comedy evident here. Just a pathetic performer
    drenched in flop-sweat.

    ASAAR, Oct 11, 2005
  7. Annika1980

    Howard Roark Guest

    [...]

    My image!? *boggle* I don't give a tiny rat's ass what some anonymous
    Usenet twit thinks of me. Just to bring the point home, do *you* care
    what *I* think about you? See how ridiculous that whole "salvage your
    image" thing was?

    Again, you exasperating, illiterate narcissist, it's not about *you*!
    Notice that my original post in this thread wasn't in response to
    you, you dimwitted buffoon. You just stepped in with your ignorance
    and piece of shit computer and somehow turned this thread into a
    personal attack on you. Well, there's no "u" in "idiot", so move
    along.

    Yes, I must concede this point. People without arms would find it
    difficult. So would blind people, although they probably could
    manage. You and your friends would find it impossible, too, of
    course, as was established in a previous installment.

    You would realise that this is true (with the exceptions listed
    above) if you would only look at the instructions I provided. In
    fact, I'm convinced you *did* look at those instructions, but you're
    too you to admit it.

    You really mustn't be so hard on yourself. You're doing alright for
    someone so hopelessly ill equipped. Don't let my praise go to your
    head, though! Keep practicing! Your homework for today: have the last
    word in this thread. Come on, you can do it! Make daddy proud!

    B.

    Howard Roark, Oct 12, 2005
  8. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    (Aside: _karma_!)

    Frank ess, Oct 12, 2005
  9. Annika1980

    ASAAR Guest

    To satisfy you, here it is. Whether you'll keep your promise or
    break it by extending this thread one more time for the last word is
    up to you.

    ASAAR, Oct 12, 2005