What will Dell Computers do NOW that the NC State incentives program has been tossed out by a judge?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sincerequestioner, May 11, 2006.

  1. sincerequestioner, May 11, 2006

  2. sincerequestioner

    SgtMinor Guest

    Did you understand that Dell won this case?

    SgtMinor, May 11, 2006

  3. sincerequestioner

    Tom Scales Guest

    Are you really this much of an idiot.

    A judge threw out a lawsuit Wednesday challenging the legality of a $300
    million-plus incentives package that lured computer maker Dell Inc. to build
    a plant in North Carolina.

    In other words, Dell won and gets to keep its incentives.

    Pro-business is alive and well

    Tom Scales, May 11, 2006
  4. sincerequestioner

    Mike Guest

    It appears that it was the challenge to the incentives that was tossed out,
    i.e. Dell won.

    -Mike

    Mike, May 11, 2006
  5. sincerequestioner

    Neill Guest

    HAHAHA, you jackass!

    Neill, May 11, 2006
  6. sincerequestioner

    .p.jm Guest

    Apparently he did not :)

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
    HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
    Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

    .p.jm, May 11, 2006
  7. sincerequestioner

    W Guest

    I guess the troll idiot did not realize it , and even if Dell lost as the
    idiot thought, one has to wonder where the joy is in that given the
    outsourcing that is going on...

    W, May 11, 2006
  8. rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    I have a suggestion for you. Go back and repeat third grade, your reading
    comprehension is sorely deficient.

    The Old Sourdough, May 11, 2006
  9. sincerequestioner

    PeterD Guest

    We spend so much money so that people can read. It would seem the OP
    managed to figure out the smaler words, but had absolutely no
    comprehension of what the article said.

    Sad, considering it was written at a sixth grade level!

    PeterD, May 11, 2006
  10. sincerequestioner

    Trax Guest

    |>> Apparently he did not :)

    |>We spend so much money so that people can read. It would seem the OP
    |>managed to figure out the smaler words, but had absolutely no
    |>comprehension of what the article said.
    |>
    |>Sad, considering it was written at a sixth grade level!

    It gets better Whois says he posted from:
    OrgName: North Carolina Research and Education Network

    Trax, May 11, 2006
  11. Are you certain? The New York Times is written at the sixth grade level.
    Most local newspapers are written at the third and fourth grade level,
    at best.

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, May 13, 2006
  12. sincerequestioner

    Jimchip Guest

    I've noticed that about the NY Times Crossword Puzzle. It's too
    elementary...hardly challenging

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  13. Aw, c'mon, the Sunday puzzle is fun, especially when it's the work of
    Matt Gaffney. The guy is brilliant. :)

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, May 13, 2006
  14. sincerequestioner

    Jimchip Guest

    Well, so I found one part of the NYT that wasn't 6th grade :)

    BTW, are you sure you know what current 6th grade is? NYT is still above
    *that* in general.

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  15. Probably not. My daughter is out of school, and I live in my own little
    world, i.e., books, the Sunday puzzle :), and this dreadful little
    electronic box that uses up hours of time I would otherwise
    spend...um...well....

    (I lived nearly three solid years--24/7--surrounded by nothing but Type
    T personalities, and now my idea of a good time is usenet, because I can
    shut it off at will. It's a sorry state of affairs, I'll tell ya.
    That's just scary.

    I still can't get over how the OP managed to turn the article inside
    out, but I saw one of the MVPs do the same thing to a poster about a
    week ago--he read the question backwards and gave a totally nonsensical
    answer. I'd had a clue (or ten) that the guy is a moron, but that little
    episode clinched it.

    I'm not sure if the real problem is so much lack of reading
    comprehension as one of attention span and attention to detail. I don't
    really want to believe that people are getting stupider, but a lot of
    them are sloppier and lazier than I ever imagined anyone could be.

    All hail the Marching Morons. ;)

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, May 13, 2006
  16. sincerequestioner

    Jimchip Guest

    Well, OK, then. The 6th grade you are thinking about is wrapped in nostalgia
    and was a higher level of achievement. The current 6th grade is pretty near
    what one would think of as a 'kindergarten' in the past. It is not a
    requirement to be able to read in order to obtain a HS Diploma...at least
    until recently when the Feds started to threaten to...take way some money.
    USENET... < 3rd grade, "modern era" with some "Gifted Schools"

    Google Groups...well, they're walking around with their crayons up their
    noses, their diapers need changing, they are really whiny and there's no
    adult there.
    Ahem...I don't think that sloppy/lazy posters should necessarily be lumped
    in with the stupider posters :)

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  17. I saw that when I lived in Florida. And I have a friend teaching
    (physics) at a southern university who sent me writing samples from his
    students. Utterly breathtaking in the worst possible way.

    Still, I know some incredibly brilliant people who couldn't write a
    coherent paragraph to save their lives. People like that are rejected in
    this medium, but in real life, they were the only folks I ever wanted to
    instruct me, to modify my gear (and to pack my reserve, for that
    matter). Their gifts are different--the minds of inventors and
    innovators--even if they appear to be (well, even if they are)
    illiterate.
    You forgot to mention the escapees from mental institutions. :)
    Y'know, it's sad about that. When I was working, I didn't always have
    usenet access at the office, but Google was available. I haven't posted
    from Google in a few years, but back then, it was handy. And once I go
    back to work (soon, all too soon, I'm afraid), it will again be the only
    daytime access I have.

    But it has gotten to where it's just downright embarrassing to use the
    resource.
    Probably not, just from a purely selfish point of view. We all have our
    moments. I can only hope lthat mine are buried many layers
    deep...although I kinda doubt it. ;)

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, May 13, 2006
  18. sincerequestioner