    or does it vary greatly amongst different camera models? For low-light
    shooting, I prefer correcting colour balance after the fact, versus not
    getting all available light.

    Walter Dnes (delete the 'z' to get my real address, Aug 28, 2006

  2. If you are shooting raw the WB can be adjusted in the raw converter, so the
    WB setting on the actual camera should not make much difference.

    Adrian Boliston, Aug 28, 2006

  3. "Walter Dnes (delete the 'z' to get my real address)"
    Correct, in the sense that they all use all the light that the sensor
    capured.
    Not correct. The white balancing is a postprocessing operation, so
    with appropriate software you can do the same after-the-fact. That
    works best when shooting Raw images.
    Only on camera JPEGs (and thumbnails), and as a tag in the file data
    which records the default setting for preview.
    For the best file quality, you need to use lens filters to bring your
    results closer to how you want the result to look. That can generally
    require longer exposure times, but that also gives lower noise
    results.

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 28, 2006