    off my camera. ?

    Which download on the Canon site has these files ?

    Thanks

    Al Dykes, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Al Dykes

    zbzbzb Guest

    When I plug my DRebel into a the USB on a w2k machine the "New Hardware

    Didn't you get any software on CD with your DRebel?

    zbzbzb, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Al Dykes

    Skip M Guest

    Drivers are included on the CD that has the zoombrowser software that should
    have been with your camera. It may require some persistence to install, I
    had a bear of a time installing the software for my D30 on W2K, XP Pro was
    much easier...

    Skip M, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Al Dykes

    Jim Townsend Guest

    The drivers come on the disks included with the camera. There should
    also be a software manual explaining how to set things up.

    I don't know if Win2K supports PTP, but if it does, you should be able
    to set your camera from 'normal' to 'PTP' and use it without having
    to install any drivers.... (I know WinXP supports PTP)..
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/driverdown.html

    Jim Townsend, Apr 3, 2004
  5. It depends on what you mean by "so I can copy the files off my camera".

    If you're hoping to have the camera show up as a removable storage
    device, so you can open it with Windows Explorer and drag and drop the
    photos, forget it. Canon cameras do not emulate removable disks, and
    this will not work under W2K. (It apparently does work under WXP,
    since XP provides a new protocol called PTP for transferring pictures,
    and recent Canon cameras support this. But W2K does not have PTP).

    On the other hand, the Canon CD that came with the camera provides
    drivers so the camera shows up in "scanners and cameras". You can
    download images from the camera using Zoombrowser, or using the TWAIN
    driver that you run from within your favourite image editor.

    Or you can use the third-party Breeze Downloader (free), which I prefer.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Al Dykes

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    Rather than downloading directly from the camera, I'd recommend getting a
    compact flash card reader; it'll appear as a harddrive and you can go USB
    2.0 or firewire and get a much faster transfer. Or, if you're using a
    laptop, a PMCIA-compact flash adapter.

    Either of these options are more flexible than downloading directly off the
    camera - and faster!

    Jeff Shoaf, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Al Dykes

    Mark B. Guest

    Canon cameras don't support being an external drive on Windows. Get an
    external card reader, it's faster & easier.

    Mark

    Mark B., Apr 3, 2004