    programs from access the net without me knowing it. I run Adaware but I get
    more paranoid that I've got things hidden.

    Marc

    Marc, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Marc

    samuel Guest

    www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

    samuel, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Marc

    DC Guest

    DC, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Marc

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:56:18 GMT, "Marc"

    |> I that all sorts of problems with version 5. I don't remeber about 4.5.
    |> I've running a 233 with 98SE so I don't need a hog. I just want to stop
    |> programs from access the net without me knowing it. I run Adaware but I get
    |> more paranoid that I've got things hidden.

    If you run an older version of ZA don't use 4.5 it had a problem with
    vsmon hogging the CPU, anything after that is fine.

    Pennywise, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Marc

    Old Gringo Guest

    Before you get to carried away with zone alarms etc. Go here and get
    your computer cleaned up:
    http://tinyurl.com/56gty
    Then go here for a virus check up:
    After that you might consider one of the following:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
    http://www.free-av.com/
    recommended in order posted.
    Last but not least you might consider a new browser:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    And a new email client to go with the new browser:
    Really no need to pay for something when you can have it all free.

    Old Gringo, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Marc

    Shel-hed Guest

    Does Outpost show network traffic with the tray icon like ZA?

    Shel-hed, Feb 28, 2005
  7. Marc

    DC Guest

    Does Outpost show network traffic with the tray icon like ZA?[/QUOTE]

    No, I don't think so.

    DC, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Marc

    Shel-hed Guest

    Hmmm. I like that little feature. Keeps me a Lert.

    Shel-hed, Feb 28, 2005