What utility gives you a preview of image files when you right-click them? Example inside

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thegoods, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. thegoods

    thegoods Guest

    thegoods, Apr 28, 2006

  2. thegoods

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Apr 28, 2006

  3. thegoods

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yeah, XP.View, Thumbnails.

    Evan Platt, Apr 28, 2006
  4. thegoods

    doS Guest

    doS, Apr 29, 2006
  5. thegoods

    Budweiser Guest

    Really cute lady must admit

    Budweiser, Apr 29, 2006
  6. Good ol' Irfanview does this with a second utility.

    Get irfanview here:

    http://www.irfanview.com

    Get the plugins also and be able to open many other media files.

    Get the fun, right-click utilities from here:

    http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

    Shell Extension is free, but Shell Picture is shareware with a
    thirty day trial. I find with the Thunbnail function of Irfanview
    I don't need Shell Pic much any more.

    thegoods wrote

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 29, 2006
  7. thegoods

    thegoods Guest

    Not what I'm looking for but thanks.

    thegoods, Apr 30, 2006
  8. thegoods

    thegoods Guest

    Awesome. I haven't installed it yet but it looks like Shell Picture is
    exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.

    thegoods, Apr 30, 2006
  9. thegoods

    George Guest

    George, Apr 30, 2006
  10. thegoods wrote
    You're welcome....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 2, 2006
  11. thegoods

    Mara Guest

    Does it still have the icon of the road-killed cat for its shortcut?

    "It used to, didn't it?"

    Mara, May 3, 2006
  12. thegoods

    joevan Guest

    Irfanview.
    It still does but I changed it to the little Koala bear.
    At least people all seem to agree that the icon they use is about the
    only thing wrong with the program.

    joevan, May 3, 2006
  13. Yep, but I don't care. Irfanview even opens corrupt pic files.

    One of my hard drives died last year and I had to recover all of the
    files residing on that drive, cluster by cluster. Some of the files
    were pictures, and Windows Fax & Picture viewer will not open these
    raw files, but Irfanview does. I may not can see the entire file,
    but at least I have a clue about some of the graphics I lost.
    Irfanview is invaluable to me. I'll come across those particular
    graphics again, now that that I know what they were....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, May 3, 2006