    revolution for "long I/Os" due to a stupidly small amount of buffer
    memory in the Burroughs host controls/DLPs (channel equivalents). I
    suspect IBM channels didn't impose the same performance restriction.

    Bok, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Bling-Bling

    Jerry Guest

    I'm sure I meant "pawl". Silly fingers failed again.....

    Jerry, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Bling-Bling

    Bling-Bling Guest

    You mean once a statement has been printed and posted to you.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 29, 2005
  4. No, I mean once it has been committed to the statement. Remember, you
    can view your statement online as well, and I don't think that entries
    that appear there are allowed to disappear again.

    Lawrence D’Oliveiro, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Bling-Bling

    Jerry Guest

    Actually, when I read my typo (which must have been a brain fart rather
    than a finger problem, because the letters are on different rows and hit
    with different fingers) I had a vision of a disk drive full of chess pieces.

    Pawl pawl pawl - got it now, Pawl to King 4.......

    Jerry

    Jerry, Jun 30, 2005