    Maybe ... 2007 was a beta exam so I don't know if I passed it or not yet.
    We're supposed to be upgrading to it sometime this year. If we really do I
    don't see it happening before Q4.

    Julia, Jan 24, 2007

  2. 5.5 to 2007? Stock up on cola... :)

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 24, 2007

  3. John R

    Julia Guest

    LOL, I think it's going to take something a lot stronger than cola! That's
    going to involve a whole lot of hours and a whole lot of overtime.

    Julia, Jan 24, 2007
  4. True. Can you upgrade straight from 2000 to 2007 or do you have to go
    to 2003 first?

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 24, 2007
  5. John R

    catwalker63 Guest

    I like SoBe No Fear. In the big 16oz cans so it looks like you're
    driving down the road drinking a beer. <eg>

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Jan 24, 2007
  6. John R

    Frisbee® Guest

    Our reputation precedes us.

    See, when you say things like that, it sort of takes the fun out of it,
    because it also means you actually READ some posts before posting. Party
    Pooper!

    Frisbee®, Jan 24, 2007
  7. John R

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    You might as well be...there's more juice in one of those than there is
    beer.

    I can drink a beer and be fine...gimme one of those and I'm wired for 2
    hours.

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 24, 2007
  8. John R

    Neil Guest

    duh. First version of Exchange. lots of "issues". still the framework for
    it was a vast improvement over MS Mail, and used much more active
    (client/server vs file based) technology. The concept of Sites and the
    KCC and the like are still in use now, just they've moved into Windows
    Server and out of Exchange. 2000/2003 rely far more on AD and a unified
    LDAP directory over the disjointed NTDS/x.500 dirctory in the Ex4/5.x
    versions are both a blessing and a curse. Still, I will take what we have
    over what we had.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Confucius say: Early worm have death wish

    Neil, Jan 24, 2007
  9. John R

    Neil Guest

    screw that! Stock up on swervers. the upgrade in place to 2003 would have
    been impossible. Cut and switch are just for con men anymore.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - "We're off to Scotland," said Tom clandestinely.

    Neil, Jan 24, 2007
  10. John R

    catwalker63 Guest

    I went straight from MSMail to 5.5. Loved it.

    I had this crazy thing happen with MSMail. We'd had the box for a while
    and the modem died. So I replaced the modem. And mail delivery slowed
    down and sometimes got good and stuck (file attachtments). I called all
    the MSMail experts in our company and no one could tell me what was up.
    Even called MS and oddly enough they were finally able to help me. UART
    mismatch. My old postoffice box couldn't take the new modem. Put the
    postoffice on a newer machine and everything went swimmingly again.

    catwalker63, Jan 24, 2007
  11. John R

    Julia Guest

    We'll have to upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 first and then upgrade from 2003 to
    2007.

    Julia, Jan 24, 2007
  12. John R

    Julia Guest

    Thanks, I'll have to try that.

    Have you seen that caffeinated soap at thinkgeek.com? I wonder if that
    really works.

    Julia, Jan 24, 2007
  13. John R

    catwalker63 Guest

    I've seen it. Looks like marketing to me. Besides, I'm afraid to try
    something from thinkgeek.com on my skin. I think I'll stick with Mary
    Kay. <g>

    catwalker63, Jan 24, 2007
  14. John R

    Frisbee® Guest

    I volunteer to lather some on your nekkid body so we can find out.

    Frisbee®, Jan 24, 2007
  15. John R

    Julia Guest

    You can't do an inplace upgrade from 5.5 to 2003. But, you could add them
    to the same organization at least and then migrate the mailboxes from the
    5.5 server to the 2003 server. To go to 2007 I'll still have to do that
    but then do an upgrade to 2007. We'll have to get new servers anyway. We
    have 3 Exchange 5.5 servers all on NT servers. 2007 requires 64 bit
    servers.

    Julia, Jan 24, 2007
  16. John R

    Kline Sphere Guest

    did the huge upgrade to 5.5

    before or after they dropped down the passing mark?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 24, 2007
  17. John R

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I never worked with 4.0. Was it a lot different than 5.5?

    yeah it was crap! stupidly small file size limits even for the mid
    nineties, not even enough for all my p0rn!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 24, 2007
  18. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and then follow all of the KB's to "remove the last 5.5
    server". I hate that step. It must be me because it is always a pain!

    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 25, 2007
  19. John R

    Neil Guest

    likely before. I do the exams as they pretty much come out. I think the
    last exam that I did where the exam was more than a year old was likely Win
    95...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - I'm in the computer business - I make Out-of-Order signs.

    Neil, Jan 25, 2007
  20. John R

    Kline Sphere Guest

    likely before. I do the exams as they pretty much come out. I think the
    that's 'cose you're old ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 25, 2007