What the hell is wrong with my computer!? IE not responding

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lrobinsoin, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Lrobinsoin

    Lrobinsoin Guest

    Hello, I need some major help. I've been trying to access pages on ebay to
    relist auctions but each time I go to their little relist forms, my computer
    goes off the deep end and IE stops responding. At first I thought it might be
    a Spyware issue or virus of some sort. But I've run all the necessary
    programs--Adaware, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster in addition to MacAfee
    Antivirus.

    Next, I noticed that pop-ups were being blocked in ebay. Ok, so I allow all
    popups in my Google toolbar. I even exit AOL to try to work things in just
    good ol Internet Explorer, but no good there as well. I also noticed that I
    have a Yahoo pop-up blocker so I disable that. Concerning the sites and the
    links within the sites-- It's like I'm being blocked because the page doesn't
    finish loading, and then I get an IE not responding message above my top
    toolbar. I'm really not sure what I can do from here. Can someone please
    give me a helping hand with this before I drive myself nuts?! I'm willing to
    try anything at this point!

    I'm running on XP Windows and have the latest version of Adaware. Thanks!

    Lrobinsoin, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Lrobinsoin

    DC Guest

    Have you tried a different browser?