    contents of that folder.

    Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different
    location.

    jackd, Jul 10, 2004

  2. jackd

    Michael C. Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:42:59 -0500,
    Weird. Verify that you can create a file in the directory you're
    downloading to. Verify that you can write to the temp directory, empty
    the temp directory, clear the cache.

    If none of that works, I'd try a different download agent.

    Failing all that, reply stating your version of Windows including
    Service Pack, your download agent, and the name of the directory you
    wish to save to, etc. You should also mention if this is a
    FAT/FAT32/NTFS disk, or a share on another machine, and what permissions
    you have on that folder.

    While it's not recommended, using an administrator account will likely
    get you past a permissions problem.

    GL,

    Michael C.
    --
    http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    Talking to yourself - first sign of madness.
    Answering yourself back - first sign of schizophrenia.
    I go one better: If I don't like the answer ...
    I put it to a majority vote.

    Michael C., Jul 10, 2004

  3. jackd

    jackd Guest

    I save files to the directory every day.

    I clean out my temp files, cache, etc., a number of times each day with
    BCWipe.
    That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'll use my "normal" Netscape.
    This is just plain old Windows '98 SE. There's no way I screw around
    with MS Service junk nor "updates" nor patches, since I do not ever use
    IE nor any of their email programs.

    I don't need the extra nonsense caused by their extra "add ons."
    Using Netscape should cure this download problem.

    (I kept this post until *after* using Netscape. It downloaded with no
    problem. I'd say Firefox has a bit of an incompatibility problem
    somewhere along the way. Although, I have downloaded pdf files and Web
    sites with it with no problem. Well, who cares? I'll just use Netscape
    for my update downloads.)

    Thanks for answering.

    jackd, Jul 11, 2004