what the cc and bcc is for

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lorraine, Sep 28, 2003.

  1. lorraine

    lorraine Guest

    lorraine, Sep 28, 2003

  2. lorraine

    Rob Guest

    CC: carbon copy. If you want to email someone but you also think someone
    else needs to see it. Use the CC field.
    BCC: Blind Carbon Copy. This is so whomever you send the message todoesn't
    see the list of addresses. Good if you want to send to a list of people but
    don't want everyone to know who you sent it to.

    Rob, Sep 28, 2003

  3. lorraine

    BNR34 Guest

    I remembered at work, I sent an email to two people as BCC. However, the
    other person who I didn't want to know that I included the other some how
    found out. I wonder how!

    BNR34, Sep 28, 2003
  4. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BNR34 said:
    You probably chose BCC in the Create Mail window, yet added the addresses to the
    To: instead of Bcc from the address book.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  5. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  6. lorraine

    Mike Calkins Guest

    Or someone had 'rights' to your sent mail box.

    Mike Calkins, Sep 28, 2003
  7. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Huh ?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  8. lorraine

    Petit Alexi Guest

    In a corperate environment, with for example Exchange 2000 server, and
    client machines running Outlook, the email can be stored on the server.

    The Admin has rights to all the mailboxes, and the admin can set rights for
    other people. EG, Ann could have rights to send mail as Beth, and read
    beth's inbox and beth's sent mail.

    Useful for clueless managers who delegate their email 'stuff' to other
    staff.

    Out of interest, why *do* you post? You're obviously stupid, but why try to
    prove it at every opportunity?

    Petit Alexi, Sep 28, 2003
  9. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    1. you need spelling lessons corporate, not corperate.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  10. lorraine

    Mike Calkins Guest

    Brian, me? no...........

    Mike Calkins, Sep 28, 2003
  11. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mike Calkins said:
    Ignore them, they just jump in at the first moment to put people down, without
    making any kind of effort to help the OP's with any sort of solution.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  12. lorraine

    BNR34 Guest

    I definitely remembered entering the bosses email address on the TO: and the
    second person BCC:

    BNR34, Sep 28, 2003
  13. lorraine

    BNR34 Guest

    Oh right, probably as you mentioned the <undisclosed recipient>.

    BNR34, Sep 28, 2003
  14. lorraine

    BNR34 Guest

    The only person I would think has the rights is the admin.

    BNR34, Sep 28, 2003
  15. lorraine

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BNR34 said:
    I just sent myself a e-mail, with one address in the To: and another in the Bcc.
    Both e-mails showed the To: address in the header, therefore the person you
    bcc'd to would have been aware of the address of the person you placed in the
    To: field.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003
  16. lorraine

    anthonyberet Guest

    Both have to be in the BCC field for it to work. (everyone can see the TO:
    field and the TO: receiver can see the BCC recipients.
    bounce.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Sep 29, 2003
  17. lorraine

    Bryan Guest

    I *wish* you'd bloody bottom post!
    Soddin' annoying!

    Bryan, Sep 29, 2003
  18. lorraine

    BNR34 Guest

    Alright, don't get your nickers in a twist. Gee some ppl.

    BNR34, Sep 29, 2003
  19. lorraine

    Bryan Guest

    Thank-you!
    (and my knickers are untwisted :)

    Bryan, Sep 29, 2003
  20. lorraine

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Are you sure the To: receiver can see the BCC: recipients? That sounds
    broken, and not RFC compliant.

    Testing on a few clients and servers, both pop3 and smtp, I cannot view
    contents of the bcc field.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 29, 2003