What speed SD card for 640x480 30fps movies?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JK, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    I am about to buy the Pentax Optio 43WR camera, and was wondering what
    speed SD card I'll need to be able to use the 640x480 30fps movie mode
    effectively.

    I'm looking to purchase a 512MB card. Which makes/types of card should I
    be looking at?

    I'm not bothered about having the fastest one available or anything, just
    one fast enough to allow all the features of the camera to be used
    properly. Price is also a factor - the cheaper the better, although I
    don't want a poor quality card that is likely to fail on me!!

    Also, where can I get these cards cheaply in the UK (internet I guess
    will be cheaper than high street, but which retailers)?

    Many thanks for any help you can give me.

    JK

    JK, Sep 11, 2004

  2. JK

    Gadgets Guest

    I think you'd need a 66x or faster card for that sort of data rate - Sandisk
    Ultra2 via eBay for ~US$100

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Sep 11, 2004