    I'd like to find an encoder for free, no frills, as I am just beginning
    to experiment with dvd movies. Any advice?
    Thank you in advance. s

    sdlomi2, Oct 6, 2005

  2. sdlomi2

    Otter Guest

    There's no difference between Blockbuster dvds and regular DVDs. Do
    other DVD movies play in the drive?

    -Otter

    Otter, Oct 6, 2005

  3. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Tx, Otter. I do not know. This is the 1st one I have ever tried. (It
    played fine in my stand-alone tv-dvd-player.). Have both a dvd-rom and a
    dvd-burner. Maybe I just don't now how to start it. I'm installing it,
    closing the disc-drawer, and when the option window appears, I click on
    "Play in Windows Media Player"? The only other 2 options are
    non-applicable, something like "open folder to view the files" and "Take no
    action". s

    sdlomi2, Oct 6, 2005
  4. sdlomi2

    David Z Guest

    You'll need to install a 3rd party DVD decoder. Your DVD drive should have
    come with a decoder, or if not, then your video card. For example my DVD-RW
    drive came with Nero OEM, while my video card came with WinDVD. Either of
    these decoders will work.
    Why Windows XP doesn't come with one included is beyond me!

    David Z, Oct 6, 2005
  5. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Thanks, all. As suggested, I found the Nero s'ware in the dvd-box. Tx
    again, s

    sdlomi2, Oct 7, 2005
  6. sdlomi2

    Large Farva Guest

    You'll need to buy a DVD player software, like Power DVD. Windows does not
    come with one.

    Large Farva, Oct 7, 2005