what should be next?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by estebanf, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. estebanf

    estebanf Guest

    Hi there.. dudes, help me out here...

    I already hold my MCDBA (sql2k) and MCSD (.net) certifications. Now I
    want to add value to my profile. My objective is to become more than a
    developer, but a it project manager. So i want to add certifiactions
    that probe my knowledge about security and project management. So now
    i'm between these:

    1.- CompTia Security+ or CISSP

    2.- CompTia Project+ or PMI

    I believe that if you can code and build solution in one platform, you
    can do it in any platform as long you learn the particular concepts /
    tools of that platform. Same appy to administering a DB, so I want to
    delay my Java and Oracle Certifications. But really I don't how to
    measure the impact of those choice between CompTia certifiactions or
    other "vendors". Can someone drop me an advice?.. based in the objective
    to make me more valuable (I'm talking about more $$$ :) ).

    Thanks.

    estebanf, Aug 23, 2003

  2. You may want to look into the PMP (Project Management Professional)
    certification as well. It's a bit of work to get from what I understand and
    requires actual documented project management experience as well.

    Other consideration might be to look into the MSF Practitioner certification
    if you're strictly into MS stuff.

    You could also take the MS Project exam part of the MOUS cert I believe.

    Of course, experience would probably be your best bet in conjunction with
    the certifications. Certs by themselves aren't valued very much unless
    coupled with proven experience. I would do as the other poster suggested;
    work your way up the ladder and while doing so, pursue the relevant
    certifications.

    HTH,

    Leigh Kendall, Aug 24, 2003

  3. estebanf

    sushma Guest

    Hi ,
    Saw your id over MCSD groups. Can you please give
    suggestions to study for 70-229 exam.

    Thanks in advance.
    Sushma.

    sushma, Sep 15, 2003
  4. This is a great resource http://www.codeclinic.com/70-229skills.htm
    and the transcender exam simulations give a good idea what is expected.
    www.transcender.com

    Bookswise: MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and
    Implementation is OK for a general overview and lots of hands on exercise
    and Inside SQL Server 2000 is good if you want something a lot more in
    depth.

    Chris Kennedy, Sep 15, 2003