    these?

    Thanks
    Dan

    Dan, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Dan

    Trish Guest

    Hi Dan,
    I'm using the Microsoft Press books. I also have three computers...one
    running Windows XP Pro...and two running Windows XP Home. I like the
    Microsoft press books and after I get done studying out of them I'm planning
    on buying the Transcender practice tests. Also, go around to companies in
    your area and see if you can get an internship position. This is what I did.
    I'll be starting my internship position soon. Let them know that you are a
    beginner and that you are willing to work for lower pay or free! (I'm
    working for free to gain my experience!) Also, let them know that you are in
    the process of studying for your certs and if you are currently in school for
    computer science. I'm already A+ certified and an MCP in Windows NT 4 but I
    could never find a job because of lack of experience. So now I'm updating
    and interning! Don't be afraid to go ask companies...a lot will say
    no...but the one that says yes...you hit the jackpot!!!

    Trish, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Dan

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Dan,

    Unlike many courses in schools the only prerequisite for these
    certifications is passing the exam. You can take the complete 3-day
    classroom training, you can only study from a book, or you can go into the
    exam with only your experience. I personally prefer buying a book (I like
    the MS Press Self-Paced Training series) and practice exams (included with
    the books) and then going to take the exam. That is what works for me, and
    you might be different.

    (Of course as an MCT I should be saying you NEED the classroom training...
    but you don't.)

    Montreal MCT, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest