    What other well-known products run embedded Linux?

    TIA,

    -Ramon F Herrera

    Ramon F Herrera, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Well Linksys WRT54G(S) springs to mind... with open code and zillions of
    free add-on functions, alternative firmware etc., this hardware have sold
    much better than it would have done with "closed" code.

    best regards,
    NKJensen

    Niels Kristian Jensen, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Ramon F Herrera

    kermit Guest

    Unfortunately, it is not that open. Some drivers and the "heart" of router -
    a program that actually interprets configuration and executes it - are
    closed source and unlikely to be ever opened. Besides no one knows for sure
    if binary FW that runs in router is actually built from the sources
    available (read - how outdated sources are).

    =arvi=

    kermit, Aug 30, 2005