    Can anyone give me a reason for this??

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris Williams, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Have you checked the fuse in the plug? Power Cable? Power Supply? Power
    Switch? Motherboard?

    Operating system doesn't matter, it should at least boot/power-up.

    Fliiber Gibbet, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Chris Williams rambled on about something in
    Any lights, even a momentary on/off?

    Start unplugging the power part of all harddisks, cd-roms, etc. and
    try after each one. Once they all are disconnected and the problem
    still exists, you have three possibilities.

    1) Power supply
    2) If this is an ATX style MB (Most are now), it could have gone bad.
    3) power switch.

    If it suddenly started working after one item was unplugged
    power-wise, that item could be at fault, or the power supply could be
    weak.

    HTH

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Chris Williams

    minicooper Guest

    mu computer is acting the same. i took it to the shop on friday and the
    tech thinks it's the power supply. i'll let you know when i get it out of
    hock.

    minicooper, Jul 20, 2003
  5. Chris Williams

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Chris Williams continued:
    The resident psychic might, but he isn't around at the moment due to
    unforseen circumstances.

    slumpy, Jul 20, 2003
  6. Hellsbells rambled on about something in
    I chose it while listening to AC/DC. Extra credit if you guess the
    song. <G> (Looks like your nick came about the same way)

    Anyway, back to the computer. You removed/replaced the modem and it
    worked? Great! Old one was probably dragging one or more voltage
    lines down, sending the PS into emergency shutdown to protect itself.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 21, 2003
  7. Chris Williams

    Mara Guest

    Playing right now in my copy of Winamp. :)

    Mara, Jul 21, 2003
  8. Chris Williams

    Mara Guest

    Thunderstruck, at the time.

    "Shake a Leg, now."

    Mara, Jul 21, 2003
  9. Mara rambled on about something in
    Both good songs.

    It was suggested I take this nick for my spam killing record in the
    home group...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 21, 2003
  10. Chris Williams

    Mara Guest

    You only kill them?

    Heh.

    Note: I saw that Powaqqatsi Man, in his dishonesty and lack of honor, has
    morphed in order to attempt to troll me. Please encourage others NOT to respond
    to this obvious stupidity. He is nothing more than a troll, and never will be
    anything more than a troll, and should be shunned completely.

    His is a koyaanisqatsi life. Leave him to it."

    Mara, Jul 21, 2003
  11. Chris Williams

    Emanuel Baze Guest

    Correction: it was a successful attempt.

    From: "Mara" <>
    Subject: Re: It's a Proven Fact!
    Date: Sunday, 20 July 2003 9:39 PM

    Bullshit. EE is crapware, and you're a spammer.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

    Emanuel Baze, Jul 21, 2003
  12. Honestly, I assume that any new ID that attacks you without warning or
    provacation is Powaqqatsi Man, and immediately runs into the Big Plonk. <G>

    NOI

    "Easier that way"

    thund3rstruck_n0i, Jul 21, 2003
  13. Chris Williams

    Brian H¹© Guest

    MELAD MARJI SR said:
    How do you suggest installing a new OS when the pc is "TOTALLY AND UTTERLY
    DEAD!!" ?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 22, 2003
  14. MELAD MARJI SR Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    See below

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    OK. I have to ask. Did you read the whole message? If no, why not?
    If you did, how the hell can installing a new OS help? Hell, how can
    he install a new OS on a DEAD SYSTEM?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 22, 2003
  15. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:45:31 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by MELAD MARJI SR in message
    What an interesting concept, installing an OS on a dead PC...I'd really
    like to hear how that can be done. What's the secret?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1888

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 23, 2003