    dependable in terms of reliability (no images lost), and durability
    (still working perfectly after a year or two of heavy use).

    Would it be SD or CF? what are your experiences?

    Mike Henley, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Ron Recer Guest

    From: (Mike Henley)
    More cameras use CF than any other card format and CF may be used by more
    cameras than all the other formats combined. Even the CF Type II IBM micro
    drives are extremely reliable.

    Ron
    in Oklahoma who uses 1 GB Micro Drive, 512 MB CF Card, 340 MB Micro Drive, 96
    MB CF Card

    Ron Recer, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Mike Henley

    leo Guest

    Well, I lost a picture on the 1GB microdrive. I just sold it and bought a
    CF...

    leo, Jul 22, 2004
  4. I am really (as in R-E-A-L-L-Y) surprised that there is no consumer info on
    this

    What are the failure rates? How long should a card last?

    First rule of thumb is to fill the card up to capacity - that should ID any
    holes in memory

    Always format it in the device which it is intended to be used

    Try not to work in memory card space from your 'pooter

    Use the multi-card reader to -erm- read the data rather than to work on it
    (eg: transfer pics from the card in card reader to the hard drive, Right
    click & Eject card from reader, Put it back in device, Format or erase data
    from the device)

    I wonder how complicated this may become when the world goes to 64 bit
    processing?

    Arty

    Arty Phacting, Jul 23, 2004