    soundtrack found on LD. Result: you can get the LD for really cheap :)

    Rgds,
    Julien

    Julien WILK, May 18, 2004

  2. Curtin/Dobbs

    Biz Guest

    Almost every music/concert dvd I have or have heard has PCM audio option.

    Biz, May 18, 2004

  3. Curtin/Dobbs

    jayembee Guest

    Music/concert discs aside, and counting just movies, I know of 18. One
    is Criterion's edition of DO THE RIGHT THING. The other 17 are various
    titles licensed from Univeral that Image released back in 1998:

    Abbott & Costello in the Foreign Legion
    Amazon Women on the Moon
    Belle of the Nineties
    Buck Privates
    Buck Privates Come Home [1]
    Cocoanuts, The
    Horse Feathers
    In the Navy
    Journey to the Far Side of the Sun [2]
    Kiss of the Vampire
    Klondike Annie
    Monkey Business
    Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie [2]
    Road to Morocco
    Road to Utopia
    Serpent and the Rainbow, The [2]
    This Island Earth [2]

    [1] Package says that it's Dolby Digital, but it's actually PCM.

    [2] I don't own these, so I'm not positive about them.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 18, 2004
  4. Curtin/Dobbs

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    I stand corrected. I had to bring some of my toes in on this one!

    Joshua Zyber, May 18, 2004
  5. I'll add one more: the original DVD of _City Lights_ (the Image disc),
    which has a PCM stereo track for the newer recording of the score. All the
    other Image Chaplin discs were DD-only: I'm not sure why this one was
    treated differently.

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, May 19, 2004
  6. Curtin/Dobbs

    Richard C. Guest

    message : : > > Easier yes. "Better" is subjective. At least when it comes to
    : 2-channel
    : > > sources, laserdisc PCM sounds vastly better than Dolby Digital
    2.0.
    : The
    : > > 5.1 sound options are more evenly matched.
    : >
    : > What about DVDs with PCM audio as well? It really isnt fair to
    : compare a LD
    : > with PCM audio to a DVD without the same PCM audio as well.
    :
    : How many DVDs are there with PCM sound?

    ==================================
    MANY opera DVDs have PCM.

    : I think I could count them on my
    : fingers. Meanwhile, almost every laserdisc has PCM as the default
    sound
    : option. PCM is the 2-channel standard on LD, and DD 2.0 is the
    2-channel
    : standard on DVD, thus it is fair and proper to compare them.
    :
    :

    Richard C., May 20, 2004